Where do you put your Guitars?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Didsomeonesaylespaul?

Reaction score
I built this rack to display my Les Pauls, and I use the cases to hide more Les Pauls.... :lol: What do you do? display, or keep them in the case?

LPcollection.jpg

Those are yours!!! :eek: Pretty collection! :wink: Do you have any favorite?

Anyway, I have only one guitar stand so I keep other on the stand and Tokai Strat sits in the chair.

Didsomeonesaylespaul? said:
What do you do? display, or keep them in the case?

I keep a handful in the house, the other top shelf vintage guitars and amps locked in a climate controlled storage unit. Insurance will cover the replacement cost but it can't replace the pieces. I don't like to display my toys for easy pickin's if my house gets burglarized (again).

Marcus

Didsomeonesaylespaul? said:
I built this rack to display my Les Pauls, and I use the cases to hide more Les Pauls.... :lol: What do you do? display, or keep them in the case?

LPcollection.jpg

Holy Geeeez!!! What an amazing collection. Oh yeah and a nice guitar rack too. I'm drooling.

i totally have never been able to understand owning so many similar guitars. Don't get me wrong i'm not judging, I just don't understand it. I have as many guitars probably but they're all vastly different from each other.

What's your motivation for so many les pauls? Does each one have a very distinct voice, do they all get played, or is it just for your own personal "looking" enjoyment or a combination?

congratulations on a beautiful collection and "nice rack" (i can't say that without laughing)

I keep my electrics on stands. The acoustics generally stay in the case apart from my Maya J200 which stands by the bed. The Precision Bass leans up against one of my amps. They're protected enough for me, the temperature stays pretty constant in here.

Much admiration for the rack above. It certainly helps when you have a home big enough for a rack. I had to switch down to a single bed just to keep more guitars in the room now my wife's off in Canada.

I don't think I could own 15 of the same sort of guitars. I feel overpowered enough owning three 335-shaped guitars! (Tokai ES-120, a rare-ish Ibanez 2457 based on the 345 and my trusty and well-used EPiphone Dot) That must be why I'm looking at buying a Tokai Telecaster or a Japanese Fender Jaguar '62 reissue.

Andy.

We got a 2 bedroom apt just so I would have a place to keep all my music stuff. I keep a hygrometer and humidifier in there...

It's a little insane but I play several instruments and since I actually make money doing this 'music' thing my wife is understanding.

brad347 said:
i totally have never been able to understand owning so many similar guitars. Don't get me wrong i'm not judging, I just don't understand it. I have as many guitars probably but they're all vastly different from each other.

What's your motivation for so many les pauls? Does each one have a very distinct voice, do they all get played, or is it just for your own personal "looking" enjoyment or a combination?

congratulations on a beautiful collection and "nice rack" (i can't say that without laughing)

Well, This is actually my 2nd collection. My first collection was filled with over 40 Fenders, many of which were Pre CBS models. I sold that collection to one buyer at a guitar show five years ago. I've played guitar since I was 5 years old, I'm 42 now, and I have always had a passion for collecting. I have owned just about everything solid-body wise, from Anderson- PRS, Nash, and the list goes on. After many years of playing, I found my favorite, and it's the Les Paul. I have always loved Gibson Les Paul Goldtops, but there are only three Gibsons in that picture. The rest are all Japan Versions of the Les Paul. There are several Tokai's, two Reborns, Reborn Old, Greco's, Burny's, Orville, Orville BY Gibson, Edwards, Navagator, Epiphone Japan, two 30th anniversary Les pauls and a Murphy. I'm mostly into collecting the Goldtop LPs, but it's always hard to pass up a deal. I will most likely hold this collection for 5-10 years, and see what happens then. Meanwhile I lots of stuff for trading should another "must have" Les Paul happen to come along.
Thanks for asking Brad. Also, I display them so I can play whichever one suits my mood. I gig twice a month, and do demo work.

Shredfreak said:
Those are yours!!! :eek: Pretty collection! :wink: Do you have any favorite?

Anyway, I have only one guitar stand so I keep other on the stand and Tokai Strat sits in the chair.

Yes, they are mine.
Actually I do have a favorite. One of those Goldtops is a Greco with Mini Humbuckers, and it weighs in at only 6 pounds!! It's a screamer!

Thanks for asking.

I live in a shoebox sized studio so I keep them in their cases under the bed and in the closet. With the purchase of the Talbo today I'll be leaving my cat no place to safely dive under the bed (she's born stray and "hits the dirt" when she hears a neighbor or the postman coming down the steps outside...).

Big
tokaitalbo001.jpg

I've tried keeping my guitars in cases but I found I played them less (out of sight out of mind...) and it made my room look like a crypt. Now they're all on stands unless I'm moving them or leaving town for a while.

i always keep two guitars out but the rest are in cases. Paladin is right about "you play them more if they are out." That's true for me anyway.

Yes, keep them out, you will play them much more. I used stands for awhile but it took to much floor space. Now I hang mine on the wall in my basement with my amps underneath ready to go. They're like artwork you can take down, plug in and play.

I've tried keeping my guitars in cases but I found I played them less (out of sight out of mind...) and it made my room look like a crypt. Now they're all on stands unless I'm moving them or leaving town for a while.

Likewise, I even have one in a case, in the same room as I keep the rest of the guitars, and it rarely comes out of the case... Go figure...

I have 1 on a stand and 3 on wall hangars (and the window blind stays shut!). ;)

Back