• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: early 80s Tokai Springy 3 tone sunburst ST-80 rosewood

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's strange but 2 tone models seem to be more common. I wasn't sure about mine at first, but 2 tone with rosewood is a good look, once you get over the feeling of "it's wrong".

stratman323 said:
It's strange but 2 tone models seem to be more common. I wasn't sure about mine at first, but 2 tone with rosewood is a good look, once you get over the feeling of "it's wrong".

+1 on two tone / rosewood Springys:

033.jpg

Is that alder? Most seem to be sen.

That's basically a mid 50s Strat with a rosewood cap board. If Fender had ever made them, they would be worth $$$$$$$ by now.

I know how it look as I still have my ST-80 GS-R and the ST-100 GS maple.
But I would like to buy a good replacement for my fender SRV :)

stratman323 said:
Is that alder? Most seem to be sen.

That is something I can't quite put my finger on.... there's not an abundance of graining although it's more visible on the back. And it's not really a heavy guitar - probably around 7 1/2 lbs:

034.jpg

madcat said:
I know how it look as I still have my ST-80 GS-R and the ST-100 GS maple.
But I would like to buy a good replacement for my fender SRV :)

Ah, fair enough. So you want an alder one?

marcusnieman said:
And it's not really a heavy guitar - probably around 7 1/2 lbs:

Not that that tells us anything! My ST80 is my lightest Strat @ 7lb 4oz. The ST60 weighs 10 oz more, both sen.

Cool. Are you an E pickup fan, or do you want something a bit beefier for an SRV Strat?

stratman323 said:
marcusnieman said:
And it's not really a heavy guitar - probably around 7 1/2 lbs:

Not that that tells us anything! My ST80 is my lightest Strat @ 7lb 4oz. The ST60 weighs 10 oz more, both sen.

Exactly my point.... don't really know if there was a weight difference between Alder and Sen. I don't know if I could tell the difference without some sort of clue such as weight characteristics of the wood.

Latest posts

Back