WTB a LS-160

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received this info from Joe about LS-160/195 models

@ LS195 was LS165 in recent years in japan only. limited seasonal model only in japan. (SOLID AA) figured top ........

@ ~2005~ LS150-FIGUREDTOP (SOLID AA) was also the japan limited edition, made by FURUHASHI. tokai probably made it like 100~300?

@ LS195/LS165/LS150F from 2005 are all the same basically........LS195/165 have the vintage faded finish. LS150F had gloss or satin.

@ LS150UK ......the UK special LS150 have the SOLID SYCAMORE AA~AAA TOP.........NOT VENEER...............................................

Thanks Joe!

According to the info publisehd above, I had a LS-15 AA top made by Furuhashi-san. A luthier?s guitar.
Great!

I have a 2005 LS-150 solid maple flamed top, with japan headstock, by gloss do you mean non-nitro finish ???

Happy B-Day BTW Risingforce

Thanxs

More info from Joe:

@ ~2005~ LS150 "2A" FIGUREDTOP was made only for the japan market and it was the limited edition

not the regular catalog model. it had the 2A SOLID hard maple figured top and the finish was gloss nitro

on the tokai regular version which were probably made like 100~200 around 2005. the FURUHASHI version

had satin nitro finish which was like 80% thin nitro coat and no pickguard on usually. FURUHASHI sold his

version thru his "NEO" store about 50 or so. FURUHASHI is the ex-tokai engineer who made that 2005 LS150F.

the tokai CEO asked him how to use a stock of good 2A solid maple top pieces that tokai didnt use at the time.

then FURUHASHI suggested CEO to use it on the japan premium series LS135 PLAINTOP and called LS150F.

this was the origin of the LS150F and later it became LS165/195 in japan. today its LS195 ..........................

the UK version LS150UK is different from these models. the UK has the SOLID 2~3A SYCAMORE TOP. NO VENEER.

I guess it?s accurate Big Willie, Joe gets his info from a trusty source.

I guess mine was also some kind of prototype/first run. I just remember Adachi-san recomended picking one of these and I just did it. But mine had MKI pickups according to Adachi-san instead of MK-II. I noticed about AA solid maple top and wondered why no AAA as LS-200 model. Now I know wht. I also tried a HDC finish wich can be dark or light depending on sunlight, I have pics showing a different colour and it?s the same guitar.
These LS-150s are very good guitars, I do liked it a lot.

This is all very interesting info. Mine is definitely a gloss finish, the warranty card reads LS-150 VF but i bought mine second hand so ....... I have to say if only 2A flamed maple was used, it's very nice for 2A.

http://tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19379&sid=262849802ef003a17f88d00a9649d3be

luis said:
More info from Joe:

@ ~2005~ LS150 "2A" FIGUREDTOP was made only for the japan market and it was the limited edition

not the regular catalog model. it had the 2A SOLID hard maple figured top and the finish was gloss nitro

on the tokai regular version which were probably made like 100~200 around 2005. the FURUHASHI version

had satin nitro finish which was like 80% thin nitro coat and no pickguard on usually. FURUHASHI sold his

version thru his "NEO" store about 50 or so. FURUHASHI is the ex-tokai engineer who made that 2005 LS150F.

the tokai CEO asked him how to use a stock of good 2A solid maple top pieces that tokai didnt use at the time.

then FURUHASHI suggested CEO to use it on the japan premium series LS135 PLAINTOP and called LS150F.

this was the origin of the LS150F and later it became LS165/195 in japan. today its LS195 ..........................

the UK version LS150UK is different from these models. the UK has the SOLID 2~3A SYCAMORE TOP. NO VENEER.

Much too much information right here......why does Joe like confusing things? :roll:

I can order whatever I want from Tokai, including the so called "Japan only limited editions".
In other words, the LS150F models I have are "Japan only limited editions", and are currently LS195s only available in Japan...but I'm in South Africa.
:lol:

Yes Joe, I'm expecting an e mail from you to crap all over me. :D

luis said:
More info from Joe:

Really good info, thank you for posting luis.

The satin finish to me looked the business, someone was selling one here, really beautiful! lovely 2A top

Latest posts

Back