Which Tokai LP to Get for my Budget

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcrabbe

Reaction score
Okay...I will begin by apologizing for this mundane post but I really could use a little guidance. I have been a strat player my whole life and I really want a Les Paul now. I am doing a lot of blues gigs these days and like the slinky Bloomfield/Les Paul sound. Problem is I have a wife and couple kids and no budget for guitars...( okay well I could have worse problems) I have been looking at Tokai Love Rocks and other LP copies and am kinda at a loss. I only have about $750 to spend on this guitar and am primairly concerned with the tone and playability. I don't care about the name or even finish that much. I am not a collector type but would like something that would hold its value. I assume I want the Seymour Duncan pickups? Could someone steer me in the right direction as far as brand, model and years. Should I look for a older Love Rock that is beaten up a little? I think older and Japanese made would be preferable to the new stuff but I am open to that as well if it is quality.....Thanks

I'm all in for a love rock, try to get a hold of an 80-90s model, that's when tokai ruled the world of copies!

I bought one for my self this very day fairly cheap and ****! It has got the finnish the tone, it's great!

In the $750 ballpark, you should also consider an 80s Greco or Burny, they're often better bang for the buck than Tokai (ie cheaper & usually just as good) or a new Edwards, though they may not hold their value as much.

I bought mine straigt from Japan
A LS-70F 98 (I Think) without case for US$600 + $110 shipping to Oz

Check this guy out, he has several guitars online incl Tokai's & Orville's

http://stores.ebay.com/NINJA-JAPONICA

Very good & fast delivery

If you are interested, I have a 2006 built MIJ LS-70(or75?) Gold top. It is brand new and a terrific buy. I'll sell it to you for what I have in it (I kept a black, same year) $750 will get it to your door, asuming you are in the USA. Shipping will be extra if you aren;t in USA. I have pics and an 800 99.9% ebay rating. send me email or PM with your email and I can send pics. It's gorgeous and plays great and sounds great

Back