Which Pickguard fits on Tokai Tele

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaze

Reaction score
Hi, I want to put a new pickguard on my Tokai Tele, but the one from Allparts with 5 holes doesn't fit. The neck seems to be too strong. Can anybody help??

Contact ACY ,he will help you surely....

I tried a chinese Squier strato style one in a Silver Star and don?t fit all the holes but you can use it for testing until find one that fit full correct....

Thanks, I will ask him. The one from Callaham I tried today, didn't fit also...

Have just fitted a f****r custom shop pickguard to my 84 goldstar ..1 hole slightly out ,but i can live with that as it looks great (tortoise shell 3 ply on olympic white) Failing that take a template of the original /or give the pickguard to a good luther & have one made up they are generaly not a great deal more expensive ,plus you know its going to fit.
If you dont have a luther near you i can give you the name of a realy good one,i have had dealings with him for 30+ years

Hi Kaze!
If it?s only the neck, that?s not fitting, why not widening it a little bit? (only if the rest is perfect)

You got the stock pickguard? You got a scanner? Make a scan and send it to me, so I can check the japanese Tele-Pickguards I?m using. What color are you looking for?

Perfect replacement pickguards is always a problem, as even Fender is using different ones on their guitars. Depending on japanese, mexican, US ........ guitars.

good on ya, "ACY"

Hey, thanks , I will try to scan it, hope it's not too big. I'm looking for something like vintage white, or better: parchment or cream.

uh, they want me to send in the pickguard. But then I won't have it for some weeks :eek:
I'll ask my German luthier if he can do such work.

Hi!
I?m going to make that "scan-check" tomorrow! You?ll get notice, when I know the deal!

good on ya, "ACY"

Latest posts

Back