Where can I get a switch for a 2005 ES120?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusnieman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm needing a pickup selector switch for a 2005 ES120. Tried a Switchcraft but it doesn't fit (metric is needed I think) and it's wired differently.

Any sources you can recommend? Are the factory switches Gotoh?

Thanks all,

Marcus

MIJvintage said:
Marcus, going thru that again :-?

what happened, this time?

LOL......it's for my buddy Hash Brown's guitar - who has used it for every gig he's played and jam he's hosted since he got it from forum member buckwild (thanks Joe) a few years ago - it's his number one guitar and he gigs alot. Just plain wore the switch out (the contact blades are really worn down and it's not conducting properly any more).

I emailed Gottfried and I'll share the info when I hear back. Always nice to know where to get replacement parts if needed.

You want allparts part EP 0067 000

It has the superior rugged and reliable switchcraft style mechanism but with an elongated metric thread suitable for MIJ guitars.

Paladin2019 said:
You want allparts part EP 0067 000

It has the superior rugged and reliable switchcraft style mechanism but with an elongated metric thread suitable for MIJ guitars.

Outstanding! Thanks bro. :wink:

all of this is makin' me wonder if the switch from your previous source would have worked for the other 120, that was sent back

If Brian has been playing the 120 that much, I wonder what the frets are like now?

MIJvintage said:
all of this is makin' me wonder if the switch from your previous source would have worked for the other 120, that was sent back

If Brian has been playing the 120 that much, I wonder what the frets are like now?

Yeah, in retrospect I wonder the same. He said the frets need a top dressing. Not bad when you consider it gets played at a minimum of 3 times a week for 3 - 4 hours a pop for the past couple years.

Rockinger in Germany also has some swithches that fits perfect in a Love Rock if Gottfried does not carry replacements as it seem to.

luis said:
Rockinger in Germany also has some swithches that fits perfect in a Love Rock if Gottfried does not carry replacements as it seem to.

Thanks Luis but it's not for a Love Rock - it's for an ES120. Seems to me that the switch won't be as long on a 335 as it would be on a Les Paul due to the difference in body thickness - anyone know for sure?

Latest posts

Back