What kind of Talbo is this?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingraman

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7369831922&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I've just won the Talbo above, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: From this picture I got from the catalogs it looks somewhat like a 1984 Talbo.
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/v815.jpg

Anyone know what the single coil ones were called/labeled?

:D Good Guitar,Good Deal! You are correct it is an early 80's first generation Talbo. The bridge pup on this one has been changed. These things sustain like crazy! I have owned 2 from this period, a 2 humbucker blue metalic and an orange sparkle with 3 singles and coopertoned hard ware. I still have the orange one! I was watching that one Congratulations! :wink: TG

to each their own.... i think that these talbos are one of the ugliest body shapes around... they really dont look apealling to the eye IMO... i guess they probably sound awesome what with an aluminium body and all..

but i personally wouldnt own one... i think they look butt ugly!!!!!

:lol: I bought the orange one for that very reason...it's Ugly! We call it the "Flaming Pineapple! :wink: TG

Hats off to Tokai for doing something different and original! It's not all about high quality replicas around here!

Good deal. 8) 8)

I think the talbo has a beautiful shape. In my opinion most guitars are based roughly on the stratocaster and the les paul. Its very original! Although the talbo doesn't look very agressive, but its not soft either.

Stereotypically thinking I think the shape has a lot to do with the style... for metal get something pointy, and rounder shape for rock and blues. I donno about the les paul being a metal guitar... the bumble bee looks too gentle to be messed around.

The talbo to me its a do-what-ever guitar. That's probably explains the aluminum body and the shape. Its certainly unusual, and probably not made for anything specific. They do get quite expensive though.

But yeah it may be an ugly shape to some but thats probably because it makes you wonder, what kind of music are you suppose to play with it.

My two cents
:wink:

Don't see many talbos around... pics anyone? I have a TSF '05 limited edition.

Hey Folks,

New member here, longtime guitar player and lover of fine instruments. Big fan of Ibanez guitars also... Just call me BigMike

These Talbos are cool - they remind me of an old late 50's Rickenbacker Combo with the sort of tulip shaped body - but Talbos are made of metal... I hear these bad boys sustain for days.

The one you got in your auction was a great deal - wipe off all those unsightly fingerprints and you'll have a swell guitar... Nice score.

BigMike

By the way, there are Talbos made of wood, too, which are a bit cheaper than the aluminum models. And there's a new series of some dinosaur mutant Talbo made of wood which is very expensive.

Thanks for all the help guys. Just got the guitar today, and it's in much better condition than I expected. Here's some pictures:

Too bad it's missing two strings, otherwise I'd be trying it out now.

Back