Web sellers

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that lifetime employment is a thing of generations past, a large percentage of workers in Japan these days are part timers even though they may do well over what is considered part rtime in Canada 20 or so hours a week...people are working full time hours but called part time so they don`t have to pay them bonuses twice a year or benefits. Unions here have no power at all. It has become a real problem and the gap between rich and working poor is getting larger.
Finding skilled workers in the field however may be part of the problem.

Hey, thanks for the explanations, JohnA, guitarslinger, luis, sneakyjapan and leadguitar_323 :D

guitarslinger said:
Last i heard was around 50 employees.....bob from Tokai UK sent me a couple of pics actually from his factory visit - i should try and dig them out.

Looking forward for that couple if pics!

guitarslinger said:
Last i heard was around 50 employees

luis said:
Tokai had 55 employees back in 2005 as far as I was told.

Well, then it is quite obvious the reason for the scarcity of Tokais in the market. Even more obvious bearing in mind that they are manufacturing guitars and parts for other brands.

luis said:
Tokai had 55 employees back in 2005 as far as I was told. I visited the factory(in fact two facilities) courtesy of Tokai President and the places are not big.

any picture?

luis said:
It?s not a big factory,just remember this,we?re not talking a mass factory as the others we have in mind.

I'm particularly not interested in mass-production, probably like every one in here I prefer quality, but ordering a medium-high or a high model is a very hard task. I wish there was a clearl point of sales where you can order, like Ishibashi was.

The reason for Tokai guitars scarce is not because Tokai itself but because the public is demanding more than 4 years ago. I don?t know where porduction is going these days,maybe is disperse all over the world now instead of concentrating in a few places.

There will be no more pics than the ones published in this web from me. I won?t tell more than I did, and won?t let others take advantage of my info,I?m very very sorry......I did that mistake in the past and I learned from that,sorry.
In fact there is a pic I feel as a treasure I will not make public ever for respect to one person.

Latest posts

Back