Warthog has arrived for my love rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derby Ant

Reaction score
Well today I received my swineshead Warthog pickup.
Now I won?t have time to wire it in until later, so I?ll let you know what I think of it then.
It?s going in my Cherry Tokai LP in the bridge, in case you were wondering.

But back to first impressions out of the box:
Now usually when you buy a pickup it will come in a small plastic box with lovely padded foam inside and the manufacturer?s inlays in the box. Inside will be the pickup, screws and springs plus wiring diagram.

Swineshead seem to take a different approach, it comes in a bubble wrap bag at the centre of a cheap but sturdy cardboard box full of news print. The screws were taped to the inside of the box and the wiring instructions were simple ?this wire is hot? etc on headed paper. Looks like the wiring is the same as Seymour Duncan, but I?ll confirm when I get home.

It also came with a ?5 voucher off my next order, which was nice.

All in all it?s left me with the impression that you really are paying for the pickup, coupled with the time it took to arrive (just over two weeks) you also get the feeling that they are far from off the shelf items.

Visually the pickup is a bit different from what I?m used to. The pole pieces are all fixed and the back plate is plastic not metal. It does look quite well screwed together mind.

I?m quite excited by all this, at the same time I?m trying not to judge the product before it?s wired in.

I?ll provide a link to their website later if I?m impressed enough :)

Latest posts

Back