• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

W: Sexy tokai telecaster

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
btmish said:
Ah, that's a crazy one sneaky. A little much for me, but I have a few friends that would eat it up.

I have really missed the point on the body/neck thing. I just don't get it. Are not necks and bodys on strats/teles usually different wood. You are probably talking about something else and I am just not understanding.

Anyway, no biggie, cause I don't have $2600 to buy that SRV anyway, and even if I did, I doubt I would pull the trigger with all the hoopla that surrounds this seller. Buyer beware!

wonder if it`s my monitor but...the body looks reddish while the neck looks chocolate brown...both shoud be brown...least mine is, both the body and neck are the same color...same wood...rosewood.
Look at a pic where you can seen the neck and body together...don`t they look like different colors to you?

nope...not my monitor.
heres a couple of pics of mine...close ups when I was cleaning it but you might be able to see the neck and body are the same color...

DSCN1825.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

sneakyjapan said:
this pic really shows the different colors between the neck and body...

450x600-2007042800046-1.jpg

Ok sneakyjapan, I thought you were talking about the Kid's SRV he has, which made no sense. I see now, about the tele, surely something looks off there. My fault, I was getting waaay off topic here and got lost.

Edit: Oh, I love that tele of yours sneaky. I have seen a few rosewood teles and I must say, they give me GAS more than about anything these days.

I'd just like to say that a few years back on this very forum we had another knowledgable member who was attacked in print by a newbie, spoke his mind back and subsequently had his post removed. That member left the forum and deleted a lot of first class info, knowledge, expertise that has now been lost. Now we seem to be tolerating the talk back. Why?

I've read all these posts. Villager, I don't blame you one bit for thinking of dumping this forum completely.

As for members who have been banned here and then log on using another identity my message is this. If you cannot conduct yourself here accordingly then please F...k off and be a Pr..k somewhere else. I don't care how fair and square a trader you are if you are prepared to slag and shoot someone down here (especially your competition) and don't have the guts to face them like a man, then I for one would not be buying from you as your integrity as a man is certainly questionable.

As I am the one who bought this really unique and outstanding Breezysound from Mark I want to add a few comments too.

- I simply don't care what some nerds want to say. As stated earlier in this thread I also believe it doesn't make sense to react to their posts.
Nothing makes some people more happy then their own stupidtity. If you acknowledge it by reacting then they might get so inflated that they burst.

:D

- I am in "love" with Tokais because I just like them a lot and also because I believe they are a better long term investment then buying shares from NYSE-listed companies. I got attacked a number of times because I just buy Tokais at the price I can afford (could be too high for other guys). Looks like pure greed to me. Or is somebody just jealous because he/she did not make a good deal?

- My love in Tokais started when togps sold me a neck and a body of an '84 Breezy. I assembled it myself and just put on some SDs. It's one of the best guitars I ever had the privilege to touch and listen to. She still is my player. So I started collecting Breezies, Springys and LSs. By now I dumped around 20 Gibsons and Fenders and still use all the money I got for them to buy Tokais. I now own more then 70 Tokais. Perhaps I'll sell a few in the future, so just watch this space. :D

Anyway: I also bought this really nice book "Japan Vintage Vol.8", which is about tele copies. Please see the scans below.

If my former marketing manager (she is japanese and read what you see scanned below) is not totally wrong then there simply never was a TE70 or TE80 with a one-piece body. I have 1 TE70, which is just beautiful, but has a 2-piece. All my TE50s have 3-piece bodies.

I also own 2 TE150s, both with a one-piece body, but also both without binding.

While I am still not 100% sure: I strongly believe the Breezy I bought from Mark actually is a TE120. They were (and are) extremely rare.

So even if villager might be considered to sell at high prices: it's not him who makes the price, it's people like me who are happily willing to pay the price .

The same is true for togps. I buy from both at the price they ask for (after negotiating a bit) because I know exactly what I will get: The best cared for Tokais. No ******** as from some other sellers in this forum or on ebay or yahoo.

I also got an offer from another forum member for exactly this guitar that was ? 300.-- higher then what I paid to villager. I got this offer before the TE120 actually arrived. Of course I rejected it.

As a bottom line I want to advise all the bull-shitters to read some basic book about market economies.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Well, I just found this thread. I bought a TE-70 (there is a sticker on the back!!!) with a one-piece-body. That's what the seller told me and I will examine it when it arrives. On the pics I can't see any seam for sure. That would disprove the theory of having one-piece-bodys only on higher models from TE-120 on (I think mine is ash, not alder and that's the difference, never seen a two-piece ash one).

I was watching for this Ebay auction too. It is an absolute stunning item. It is a '58 replic. The price is a bargain. I stock at present time over twenty Breezys. So I decide to go not for it.
The features for a '80/'81 TE70, '58/'64 model, are:
  • 2 pcs. alder body. (Note: Tokai matches perfect !! - so a non-expert would think for a one pcs. body)
    U-shaped neck
    MKII PUP's

See here pics of a TE70, '64 model

232pu2.jpg

239ix9.jpg

(Congrats villager :wink: )

Looks great! Maybe I'll find a seam, we'll see. And how about the ash body? Or is the seller wrong and it's alder??? Hmmm, maybe I'll go for a Tele with Rosewood neck, too, when I've sold my Fender Japan Tel RI 62 Custom. But besides the electronics, it's great, lots of sustain. Can't decide if I'll keep it or not. Aren't the new Fender Japan made in the Tokai factory??
But tomorrow a Diego Strat will arive at my door which I got very cheap from a German shop, so I didn't bid for any Springy. Maybe later....

Thanks, so now I will wait for the arrival from Belgium..
I think, I will take out the current pickups, but am not sure about the original ones or getting new ones (SD, Fralins, Bardens...).

Congrats! But you don't seem to sell them, can't find them on your homepage!

Anyone from Belgium here? The seller of my Tele has got the information from DHL that the package will cost 150 Euro.. :eek: Can't believe this. Are there any other shipping companys for Belgium? Thought about UPS.

Kaze said:
Anyone from Belgium here? The seller of my Tele has got the information from DHL that the package will cost 150 Euro.. :eek: Can't believe this. Are there any other shipping companys for Belgium? Thought about UPS.

??????
Your Ebay seller claims less then 60 Euro for shipping!
So what?

Am 06.08.07 hat der Verk?ufer die folgenden Angaben hinzugef?gt:
DIE VERSANDKOSTEN WERDEN NACH DEUTSCHLAND H?CHST WAHRSCHEINLICH DEUTLICH WENIGER ALS 60 EURO BETRAGEN ! AUF DIE (IM INTERNET ABRUFBAREN) TARIFE VON DHL/UPS WIRD AUSSER DEN ERW?HNTEN 10 EURO F?R VERPACKUNG NICHTS HINZUBERECHNET !

Latest posts

Back