vol pot question?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drucker

Reaction score
hi im new here
i just bought my first tokai love rock
i have a question
i want to do the mod which involves placing a cap on the wiper lug and hot lug on the vol pot
to prevent loss of highs when rolling the vol back
how do i tell which lug is which?
can anyone help me out with this please

yep. it rolls off pretty fast. dont know if you really need to fit one , i just fitted it on my strat cause i was given the wiring diagram with a set of kinman pickups i bought , and just did it because of that , but it works pretty well the resister that i used was a 130k 1/4 volt resistor wired in parallel check out www. kinman.com then go to tone workshop then tone and look for wiring diagrams , now this is for a strat but it will work on a ls as well

ok , thank you
ive been playing an ibanez artist ar500 for the last two years and it has the cap in place and ive got used to it being on there i think
so when i listened to the love rock yesterday it sounded a lot darker
ive actually had the chance today to play the love rock properly for a couple of hours at a decent volume through a couple of marshalls
and its grown on me
i think i like it a bit darker sounding when its rolled back
i will still try the cap mod also the resistor out of curiosity but im glad didnt just jump straight in
now ive listened i can make a more informed choice
thanks for the tips

ps. i sure this sort of thing is not news to most people around here
but i am amazed at how great this guitar sounds!!!

pss, i bought it from a guy who hangs around here he calls himself topgs
the guy is definitely worth a recommendation!!!

bear in mind that strats use 250k pots and LPs use 500k and they behave very differently.

drucker said:
i think i like it a bit darker sounding when its rolled back
i will still try the cap mod also the resistor out of curiosity but im glad didnt just jump straight in
That's right, and that's also the reason I don't use the treble bleed capacitor for the bridge pickup volume, because I want that roll-off in the highs with that sound. On my neck pickups I do use it though, because it cures the usual woofy undefined mud there pretty quick. I don't use an extra resistor parallel to the capacitor, by the way, because I like how the volume turns down with a ~390-470pF cap.

hans jurgen
that sounds interesting
i like the idea of it just working on the neck pick up
im going to try that first
thanks

Forgot to mention that I recently recorded a lot of samples with the bridge volume turned down to 6 in my pickup comparison:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4630

i just tried the caps, nice
but im gonna leave it stock!!!
im probably bonkers
but now ive heard the differences i prefer the stock sound
nice to try it out anyway
thanks for everyones suggestions
cheers

Latest posts

Back