Video demo of the LS85 Goldtop and the Super Crunch Box

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJH

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've finally got around to recording a track with the MI Effects Super Crunch Box. The track is called "Everything Goes" and was written by Dave Sharp.

I thought that the best way to demo the pedal was to actually record and produce a track where the Super Crunch Box is used exclusively for all the drive on the guitar.

The guitar is a Tokai Loverock LS85 and was fitted with Di Marzio pickups. It has a Tone Zone in the neck position and a Super Distortion in the bridge.

A lot of pedals don't like such a high output signal fed into them and they turn to mush. I can safely say that the SCB loved it. The tone still has a lot of definition and articulation.

The setting on the pedal is: Comp Switch - 1
Hi/Lo Switch set to "high"
The gain was set to about 11'o clock and the tone was in the middle.

The amp (Marshall TSL602) was miced with SM57s and was set as clean as possible so that the only gain you'll hear is from the pedal.

Cheers,

Peter.

The link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSXU1B61N-Q

like it....great job all round.....been checking out mi crunch and its one of the best effect pedals i've heard in a long time.......

Sounds excellent.

Great production on the video as well.

Nice to see an old Hammond C3 in action, sounds awesome.

Back