Tune of the day

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek: :eek:
Interesting, you sold to Karl your ES100??
Karl is a nice guy, eeh?? Isn't it??
But he is a poor guy - he has only one arm on his left side.

bittersweet bundle of misery- Graham Coxon

Graham Coxon is the best of Blur, Most stuff he signs on his label is cool and his new single with Paul Weller is nice.

togps said:
:eek: :eek:
Interesting, you sold to Karl your ES100??
Karl is a nice guy, eeh?? Isn't it??
But he is a poor guy - he has only one arm on his left side.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gottfried,we stay out of topic.But very interesting information about karl
moik.He has a ES 100V(like Volksmusik). :wink:

Blues Company-Cold Rain
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-7219584159959558288&q=blues+company&total=1691&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=8

Volker

Ozeshin said:
Deadman said:
A gorgeous cover of the Bee Gees (don't laugh) How deep is your love by Mr John Frusciante.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkqOPGXgkEk
OMG I SOOOOOO hate that junkie...read an article where he said that HE was the person to carry the mantle passed on by Hendrix....must've been wasted as usual :-?

Hmmm. He's tried to emulate Hendrix since he was a kid. His whole life is based on the great man's work. I'd be interested to see that if you can find it.
He's clean and has been for 10 years now BTW.

Today:

Stereophonics ~ The bartender and the thief (the singer is an old friend of mine if you've never heard of them before) :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJxb2TnmVNM

John Frusciante is an original player and a great artist in my opinion. Okay, he might say something silly about being Hendrix's heir but when you listen to him and think about it, the obvious question is: who else? And the guy speaks with the spirits and all so he might say all kinds of funny stuff... But I guess it's better to say that one is the heir of some great guitarist than some Pete Nobody. Even thought it may sound bit pompous.

But please don't put someone down because of former habits... He's clean and sober and his playing and singing is as good as anybodys.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - My Lovely Man

Hmmm. He's tried to emulate Hendrix since he was a kid. His whole life is based on the great man's work. I'd be interested to see that if you can find it.
He's clean and has been for 10 years now BTW.
Nope...sorry...I don't accept that.
I read the Guitar Player interview with him and from the sound of it ...he's been clean for far less than 10 years.
He came off as arrogant and concieted.
Someone who dresses up as Jesus Christ for a photoshoot has a Messiah complex for sure...lol

No probs, Oz I'm not trying to convert you (I'm sure Outsider isn't either)

This is from Wikipedia:

1997?present: Rehabilitation and return to the Peppers
In 1997, more than five years of visceral addiction, Frusciante decided to quit his drug addictions cold turkey, later entering a rehabilitation facility and beginning his full recovery. Part of his physical recuperation involved removing and replacing all of his teeth with dentures to avoid a potentially lethal infection.

In the years following, Frusciante also began to live a more spiritual, ascetic lifestyle. He has changed his diet, becoming more health-conscious; and started practicing yoga. To maintain his spiritual cognizance and reduce distraction from his musical focus, Frusciante chooses to abstain from sexual activity stating "I'm very well without it."These changes in his life have led him to a complete change in his attitude toward drugs:

? I don't need to take drugs. I feel so much more high all the time right now because of the type of momentum that a person can get going when you really dedicate yourself to something that you really love. I don't even consider doing them, they're completely silly. Between my dedication to trying to constantly be a better musician and eating my health foods and doing yoga, I feel so much more high than I did for the last few years of doing drugs.
At this point I'm the happiest person in the world. These things do not **** with me at all, and I'm so proud of that?you don't know how proud I am. It's such a beautiful thing to be able to face life, to face yourself, without hiding behind drugs; without having to have anger towards people who love you. There are people who are scared of losing stuff, but you don't lose anything for any other reason than if you just give up on yourself.

Today.........Jane's Addiction ~ Then she did

Hey...np's
I just really took issue with the arrogance of A):
Dressing up as Christ for a photoshoot....unless he was prendting to be "Brian" i don't accept ANY excuse he could possibly have for doing it.
and B):
Labeling himself as
"the only obvious successor to Hendrix"
when there are people like Robin Trower still drawing breath.
I'm one of Gary moore's biggest fans but if he came out tomorrow stating that he was the next BB.King I'd have a go at HIM as well.
The top gun mentality of guitarists is one thing(I suffer from it as much as the next) but the sheer arrogance of some artists(Fruciante,Edge,Malmsteen to a lesser extent) galls me and is a good enough reason for me to not enjoy their music as much as if they were humble.

DaveWW said:
Vid's please if poss ......................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D-dUnnGiu4
GOOD MAN DAVE....I get tired from nagging these days :D

Back