Tune of the day

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of his solo work after leaving the Eagles.

Sweet guitar on this track. Not sure who is playing.

Last edited:
Obviously one of the most overplayed songs in rock history, but man the older I get the more I appreciate the double guitar parts in this song.

Here is a tasty live version. Hope YouTube keeps it up.

I recall back in the day over 40 years ago the first time I saw Al Di Meola perform live at the Agora Ballroom in Dallas, Texas with Paco and John McLaughlin, I didn't pickup a guitar for three weeks. One of my fellow guitar playing friends, Mark, that was at the show with me didn't pickup a guitar for two weeks. That is how impactful seeing Al and Paco and John was on us both. We were both in awe of the massive talents of these three guitar giants and we were both wondering if guitar was actually for either one of us.
Mark and I both eventually got over the impact of that first Al Di Meola experience and we resumed our respective guitar experiences, which continue to date.
I have seen Al perform live over a dozen times and his abilities on the guitar never cease to amaze.
I was looking forward to seeing Al perform once again next week but I don't believe that will be happening as Al had a heart attack on stage yesterday evening during a performance in Romania.
All the best to Al and to his family. Get well soon Al. This one is for you.

I saw a cool video about him on YouTube that talked about his tryout for return to forever I guess it was. I’m sure everyone was amazed by this kid. Amazing.

I only saw him once years ago with Airto. Saw John McLaughlin separately. Both in the mid to late 80s.

I saw a cool video about him on YouTube that talked about his tryout for return to forever I guess it was. I’m sure everyone was amazed by this kid. Amazing.

I only saw him once years ago with Airto. Saw John McLaughlin separately. Both in the mid to late 80s.

Thanks for posting that!
Seeing and hearing Al playing acoustic on the video takes me back to that first time seeing and hearing him on the Trio Tour with Paco and John.
Love that part when Al tells Rick, "there's no real set arrangement to it; I just, you know, I take it places."
Thanks again!

The first time I saw Foxygen perform live was in July, 2013, at First Avenue in Minneapolis, less than a year after the below video was shot. My first Foxygen experience was however cut very short as vocalist Sam France broke his leg during the first song of the show. At the finish of that one and only song the show was cancelled. Seeing and hearing that one song being performed revealed a tiny bit of musical magic that I would eventually be able to experience once again a couple of years later when I was fortunate to see a nearly 90 minute Foxygen performance. Now that Sam, Rado and company have parted ways over a year ago I recall those live Foxygen shows as quite rich musical experiences, even though one was extremely brief, that will most likely never be repeated. I was fortunate to have been able to see Foxygen back in the day while they were still touring. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back