Trying to Date / Identify My New (Old) Burny

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what that case is. I ended up with case with Burny logo.

I bought used in 2007. The manual must be inconsistent with the actual guitar since no RR logo on pickguard and I think a 2002 woud have 3 hole spade truss rod cover instead of the 2 hole tree.

Its solid maho, silver bottom plates on pickups marked gotoh with VH-1 stickers and they seem unpotted. There is a number starting with a 6 or 7 in the neck pickup route, but I can't find where I wrote down the number. Short tenon. About 8.5 pounds. Low frets like fretless wonder.

Oh well whatever it is whenever its from it is great guitar. :D The mysteries continue.

2002, They had 2-hole TRC then. I have a 2003 with 2-screws. It shows 3 screws in the catalog though. The newer RLG85's I've seen demoed on youtube have 3 screws. Those later VH1's with the big square VH1 sticker on the bottom, I started seeing in the late 90's to the present. That's what my 03' had in it. :D btw, Did you not get the lifton style case?

hi
so i can understand you did belive it was a 86-87 model but it turned out to a 2002 model ?????
so we can not use that info to date a burny :D :D
all the best
otto

I guess the only thing we know for certain is that is was made at some point in the last 30 years. There is nothing apparently on the manual that 100% references the guitar or vice versa. Could be total mismatch.

When did they start with the flower looking logo on the RLCs?

I didn't get the Lifton case. Just a black with yellow interior with burny logo.

There a couple just like advertised as 80s on ebay usa. Oh well I guess we beat this horse to death.

You got that right!:D Just from the Gotoh labeled pickups, with Square VH1 stickers. I'd guess at least late 90's, at the oldest. Since, those were used up to the present. Late 80's to mid 90's, I usually see the version 2, VH1's. :D

Back