Truss rod adjustment and buzz...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

math2014

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering the following.

In my LP (Tokai), i get clean action on 1-5 frets and 10-22 frets, but in the middle of the neck, i get some buzz when i play power chords mostly

For example 5/7/7 etc...

Should i add relief or substract relief?

Furthermore can i adjust the truss rod while the strings are in tune? Or should i loosen them up?

Finally, can someone tell me how low is low and how high is high with respect to action, in milimiters rather than 64ths of inches ?

(i did the conversion, but an action of 1.19mm 12th fret low E sounds insanely low for mid-action settings). I think at this point i am at around 1.9mm low E, 1.7mm high E.

Yannis

you should probably subtract relief, and if that doesn't work you should take it to a qualified tech for a heat treatment. This will cost about $75 and is totally worth it.

ALSO, that sounds suspicious... I'd leave the neck as-is for now and take a good look at your frets. You might have a high fret or two somewhere in teh middle.

Well the guitar was 100% perfect from factory when i got it in September, after a couple of string changes, i started getting a bit of buzz.

I changed whatever came stock from the factory (i guess 10-46) , to 10-46.

Latest posts

Back