Tokai vs Edwards

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
complete rumour that edwards is made in china by some tokia lovers trying to say that one is better than the other...both guitar are really nice lp copys no need to start this up....peace out

Listen mate, i have been dealing with guys that work for ESP, Tokai Bacchus < and so on for years now and what you say is complete dribble. You probably don't even know ESP has a huge factory in China, do you think they would build that and then not use it... :eek: All of the main guitar builders in Japan have guitars built in China it is common knowledge and the Edwards are machined in China and put together in Japan that way the Japaneses can call them Made in Japan. In Japan, the guitars only have to have 60% made in japan content to be called MIJ,{didn't you ever wonder why a guitar that is so well built is cheap as chips ??} building the guitars and the electronics, fretting and finish constitutes 60%+, so they call them MIJ,so actually they are made in Japan , but they are Machined and formed in China. If your first post is to come here and make unfounded claims then show some proof. One of my contacts in japan is a forum member and i'm sure he'll be along to say his bit. Our information comes directly from ESP Japans production management.
The only reason you say this crap is because you own them and can't live with the idea that they are "machined " in China , nothing to do with "Tokai lovers". And by the way , i have guitars from 5 different Japaneses manufacturers . Next time you label something "complete rumour" try proveing it..... :eek:

OH and just one other point , this isn't one of those "mines better than yours" forums, we are all about everything made in japan, maybe even Korea and China......are you starting to understand yet.. :wink:

Mick

gulpthtatbeer said:
complete rumour that edwards is made in china by some tokia lovers trying to say that one is better than the other...both guitar are really nice lp copys no need to start this up....peace out

8) yo man NO! you are totally **** wrong........mick here is all correct!!!

i see you really wanna insist your opinion since you gtrs are both edwards

but the truth is the truth and they are all half made in china and japan......

i work in the music business here in japan and we real guys all know the

truth and why ESP doesnt wanna say it clearly and often even say

something untrue unclearly.........we talked about this so much already

and i guess you might still insist yours........but hey i am japanese living

and working for the music business for a long time in japan so yo man

get it please............and why you have to dislike made in china so much

when they are good stuff not bad?...........lately a lot of made in japan

and china and korea are basically all at the same level........believing

only made in japan is so good is an old idea.......and the guitars arent

any high tech stuff to make you know........not like digital camera or

stuff like that............there were times long time ago when the japa

stuff were called crap always.........just like that things can get better

if they try so...........so yo man........listen to me and get it please.......

your edwards guitars are absolutely good guitars and they are not

completely all made in japan..........actually only the parts and finish

are.........the rest is all made in china..........so start love china and

korea and japan all together all equally from now man.......peace! right?

later man...........................................................joe jappa. :wink:

yup, checking in as usual...still waiting on something that will lay this all to rest for good...no luck so far.
Still...last week I got an MIK Epi out of the junk pile at a local pawn type place...I think they junked it because the jack was loose...undid the 4 screws, tightened it up and have a $100.oo guitar thats pretty good for the price...and...no doubts as to where it was made. Still had all the protective plastic on it...good thing nobody in that shop is a player but I gotta wonder if they even know how to use a screw driver. :eek:

I don't find it difficult to believe the chinese history. Is not the made in Korea guitar dying? All companies that used to have a plant there seem to be moving to China.

Sorry but who cares if a guitar is made partly in China? I have a Fender Stratocaster copy, made in China, from the Dutch brand London City and together with some different (BG) pickups it's equal to a USA Fender Strat Standard. I have a few friends who have them (about 4) and yes they all like my copy better :)

Same goes with my Edwards Les Paul... quality is stunning, standard it has Seymour Duncan pickups (which I'll replace though) and I haven't found a Gibson yet which feels, plays and sounds as nice :) No wonder why I always have this big smile while jamming with friends or playing with bands...

cheers,
Emiel

Emiel said:
I have a Fender Stratocaster copy, made in China, from the Dutch brand London City and together with some different (BG) pickups it's equal to a USA Fender Strat Standard.

Hmmmm..... :eek: I find that very surprising, & I've tried and/or owned quite a few Strats. Even the Fender Mexico stuff seems to lack quality compared to the US stuff, with China still some way behind. Maybe you were just very lucky - I think China has some way to go yet. They'll possibly get there - even the early Japanese guitars were variable.

There is still some very dubious stuff coming out of China, IMHO.

Mike

stratman323 said:
Emiel said:
I have a Fender Stratocaster copy, made in China, from the Dutch brand London City and together with some different (BG) pickups it's equal to a USA Fender Strat Standard.

Hmmmm..... :eek: I find that very surprising, & I've tried and/or owned quite a few Strats. Even the Fender Mexico stuff seems to lack quality compared to the US stuff, with China still some way behind. Maybe you were just very lucky - I think China has some way to go yet. They'll possibly get there - even the early Japanese guitars were variable.

There is still some very dubious stuff coming out of China, IMHO.

Mike

Hi Mike!

I don't want to say it's 100% equal to a real USA Fender, but I played on a few and I don't think they're that better... The Strat I have suits my needs perfectly. I have heard lots of Mexican Strats before (no Japanese though) and for the same price, Mexican Fenders sound duller, look cheaper and don't play any better than the London City with other pickups.

Just wantin to say that Chinese producs aren't all crap :)

I'm only steering away from the Strats... haven't played it for some while as I love my Goldtop Les Paul... a Strat stays a Strat, it doesn't sound as fat in bandsituations as I want it to be :lol: Man I would love to have a SG with P90s...

Thanks
Emiel

Try a Goldstar! :p And if you want an SG with P90s, there's a white one for sale in the Classified section.

Latest posts

Back