• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai ST100 Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jacco,
Lot to take in there, mate.
In the 3x 1980 models, all body codes were in the front pickup cavity.
In the case of the TE-55N, do the neck/body codes match?

I'll run your info along with mine and come back to you.
I have noticed lately that a lot of old Tokai coming out of Japan are modified in one way or another and body/neck matches are not always matching. Things like pickups, bridges are not left alone so I would exercise caution in this area.
I agree with you about the LS series with sticker application but keep in mind that we are yet to find a Love Rock with impressed fingerboard whilst the overwhelming majority of Reborn Olds have them. However there are always those few exceptions . . like 0009533.

Peter

On eBay now, 7 day BIN auction.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191057565653

Hi Guys,

I am having a few issues with the number of Tokai Fendah-style guitars coming out of Japan with mismatched features.
As an international buyer, it is not as though you can take it back, or have questions answered or even understand the seller - most plead ignorant anyway. Japanese sellers generally DO NOT like to sell to gaijin (foreigners).
So due to the Japanese love of individuality, I am not surprised that most have swapped necks and electronics and they still ask collector prices for them. Some are just down-right devious.
I recently got a maple neck with '80' impressed on the fingerboard and an allen key truss rod. By the time it arrived 3 weeks later, the most notable feature was the 'U' neck - not 'V'. Stamped base was 5=2, but no 'A' as an 80 should have. Upon magnified inspection it was revealed the number had been engraved over it's original number of 50 to turn it into an 80 to achieve a higher price. It worked.
Jacco, my thing with Fendah replicas is that they can be taken apart and swapped - even neck plates, so what may appear as an anomaly is really a partsocaster. I am becoming more and more sceptical about the guitars becoming available.
Oh yeah, St-45 had ceramic pickups, not 'U' pickups but I have seen both 45's and 50's with swapped pickups.
Peter

Latest posts

Back