• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai LS-200 FS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyFriendly

Reaction score
Hello all,

A change in circumstances forces the sale of this, my most prized Tokai. It is an LS-200, was made in 2004, is in good clean condition (aside from a few very small dings which I mention them just in the interests of accuracy - it has been very well looked after), and is, salesmanship aside, hands down the best built, best playing Les Paul I've ever had. It also has an obscenely pretty AAAA-flamed maple top, nitro finish, one piece mahogany back and neck, and beautfiul dark ebony fretboard. The full specs are as follows...

*BODY: One piece mahogany with AAAA-flamed solid maple top
* NECK : one piece mahogany
* FINGERBOARD : Ebony
* MECHANICS: Gotoh tuners, aluminium Gotoh tail piece and Tune-o-matic bridge
* SCALE : 628mm, (24.75inch)
* JOINT : Set-Neck (long tenon neck)
* PICKUPS : IronGear Dirty Torque (Bridge) / IronGear Blues Engine (Neck)
* CONTROL : 2Volume, 2Tone, 3way PU selector
* COLOR : Cherry Sunburst - Nitro

It kills me to have to sell this, but needs must and all that jazz. it comes with a servicable tweed LP case (although the catch knob has fallen off), and a scratchplate which has never been attached. It's the one discussed in this thread (this 200, it seems, may actually be a 230 - I havent a clue tbh)...

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16204&highlight=ls230

I could upon request put the original Tokai MK2 pikcups back in if the potential buyer would prefer. I am asking for ?950 delivered fully insured within the UK. Please PM me for more info and some pictures and I will do what i can to help - potential buyers are welcome to come and have a look.

Pictures!!

DSCF5575.jpg

DSCF5578.jpg

100_2841.jpg

100_2836.jpg

100_2833.jpg

If only you had posted this 2 weeks ago!, well maby not, as my decision would have been much more difficult.

Question: I cannot see any screw holes for the pickguard. are they there or does this come without a pickguard as standard?

BIG bump for this - still available, and now with a price drop - ?900 inc delivery within the UK - a very good price for such a beautiful guitar. Please PM me for any more info, pictures, etc.

JonnyFriendly said:
BIG bump for this - still available, and now with a price drop - ?900 inc delivery within the UK - a very good price for such a beautiful guitar. Please PM me for any more info, pictures, etc.

Did you get my PM ?

quincy said:
JonnyFriendly said:

Did you get my PM ?

I hope you 're luckier as I am :wink:
This gentleman doesn't want to sell or reply to everybody

Hello all,

Apologies I have not got back to/responded to individual queries yet - have been away for the weekend. Will read and answer all PMs when I have had time to do so later.

Helo again all,

First of all, many many apologies it has taken me so long to those who have PMed me about this guitar - a few thing that came up (the way they tend to do) mean it has been a very hectic couple of weeks and I havent had a chance to read/respond etc before now. This guitar is still available, and I will ship outside of the UK if the buyer is happy to pay for shipping. Please PM me if interested.

Thanks

Jonathan

Back