Tokai LS100 Reborn model 1979

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
luis said:
I will say it again.
The purpouse of this Tokai forum was (not sure if it is now) to provide mutual help between forum members, neither pushing up values, neither jumping sales. It had to be related to information and knowledge. That was the spirit made Tokaiforum grown and becoming a refference in the world for Tokai guitars and other brands related to Tokai such as Fernandes also.

And yes, I use to undervalue my guitars just because I just sell to buy another model to study it and learn if prices asked are so hypervalued I am not able to reach those models I would like to try.Making money with guitars is OK of course but you have to give service too IMHO.

Sharing is caring.... i've found the people here on this forum probably the most informed and least snotty about sharing info and opinions anywhere, now about the LS-100... i'm no expert but i know what i like and its got it going on. It's always nice to learn somrthing new or hear someone else's opinion though. Sorry if i hijacked or derailed the thread at all, i'm a bit sketchy at the best of times.

Cali Girl said:
Actually, the vintage Tokai case is better than a Lifton because it fits and protects the guitar properly. Old Liftons had a loose fit for a Les Paul shaped guitar. And Gibson's newer version of the Lifton case (now discontinued) is poorly made. So you see Gibson guys buying old Tokai cases for their reissue historics.

And once Gibson discontinued their Lifton style case, prices on those are at about $500. Which makes the Tokai version an attractive option for a little bit less.

They were right to discontinue those Lifton reissue cases, because they were crap cases with hardly any padding that didn't hold the LP in place,
but that was mainly because they were a copy of an old case which was never a great solution for guitar protection.

To be fair if you let an LP in its case fall backwards from upright onto a hard floor the headstock can easily break no matter what case its in.

Personally, I only take my guitars out in newish TKL, or Hiscox cases, and always lay them down!

Cali Girl and Brokentoes, I love you man....and you have great subject matter concerning the Tokai cases which I will follow but........ How about if you start another thread ? PEACE .. From the island of Maui... Cliff

It's up to $1526.00 !!!! lol I'm not sure if the selector switch nub is original, couldn't bid on a guitar without an original selector switch nub. JK i won't be bidding and it has nothing to do with the nub.

CliffsComicWorld said:
PEACE .. From the island of Maui... Cliff

You got it bro.

The LS-100 auction lives on but he pulled the natural Flying V. I would guess that unless the price gets crazy quick on the LS that it will be gone soon too.

The black V he has listed is most unusual. He says it's 1980 SN 013872. We know that a Tokai of that era should have a 7 digit number rather than 6. And I haven't seen a V earlier than 1982. The hardware looks correct. But maybe the first digit of the serial number was covered over with black paint if it was refinished?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Ebony-Tokai-58-Flying-V-/110900824550

Good price, I wanted to bid and would have bid higher but forgot about it becasue of my daughters birthday..

Latest posts

Back