• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai LS-80 BS (SOLD!)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Andy - on the journey home now, looking forward to plugging in!

I will do that lineup shot you mention. I forgot to say that as 'snakehips' (previously - newly snakeyhips) I used to post more here a few years ago with tales of various and breathless acquisitions. I had a japanese vintage guitar website for a time too 'Plankspankers' - now defunct.

Great to meet you Andy - enjoy that LS-100 beauty.

You got a great guitar - I still miss it but I have some other distractions. I sold it to get Wishbonz's '84 TEX70 and I don't regret that - it's equally good and better for my back!

But that top on the LS80??.!!!!!!

?..and the fingerboard is superb?.and??.etc,etc?.

I remember going to try to buy that guitar from Mark (Japanguitars.com) when he was living in Balham in London. It was the next day - the Sunday - after the last bombing in London took place and they blew up that bus. I felt uneasy travelling on the tube that day but I had to have that guitar! Mark was a real gent about it too - a great dealer and a cool player also.

That guitar did a lot of gigs and jam night's - always turned heads as sure as my playing turned stomachs!!

Good luck and enjoy playing it, Snake'! :wink:

I'll do the line-up shot (when time allows...), but here's a few that may be of some interest for now:

'78 - Greco SA-900 (bought for ?550, pound for pound - the best guitar I've ever owned

'81 - Greco EGF-1200

and of course...

'79 Tokai LS-80!

non-japanese:

2010 - PRS 'Shootout' McCarty (special or Dallas 2010 show) - never thought I'd own a PRS...but this is very special (and not covered in flames!)

McGuire blackguard 52 tele

Fatboy Foley Sonic Blue aged Strat - one of only 6 complete guitars I believe.

Many others have passed through my hands over the past 40+ years or so of playing - fun isn't it!

I nearly bought a McCarty once - they are great guitars.

But when I think of all the Tokai's I've owned it comes to a hell of a lot, I wish I'd kept photo's of them all. Only one was a real dud - an '84 Custom.

...it took a very special USA guitar to divert me from Greco's and Tokai's etc ...the Dallas show 'shootout' is #2 of 50 made for the purposes of a tonequest shootout at the NAMM show with a '58 Les Paul - now there's confidence...and yes, it really is that good...very vintage looking/feeling too...

Apologies, going rather off topic and subject area.

That's interesting Snakemeister, but we need pics!!

I thought the McCarty that I nearly bought was an amazing guitar - but instead I went for a '59 junior that Neville Marten was selling. I wish I still had that guitar but I feel that my two '64 SG Juniors are pretty **** close.

Latest posts

Back