tokai ls 120

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relatively speaking this seems like a better deal, but indeed too red. I'm curious what that lemondrop will go for, I'll definitely be watching. I got into this "hobby" quite recently so I'm not sure what the going rates are.

t.olsen said:
Here we have a LS-150 with original case for under 2000 euros !

http://cgi.ebay.de/Tokai-Love-Rock-LS-150-Bj-1981-gut-erhalten-Koffer-/320610745566?pt=Gitarren&hash=item4aa5e3bcde

Unfortunately much to reddish for me and too far away from Singapore but BrazenPicker said anyway that he's behind a lemondrop

4.8 kg!!!

villager said:
i dont tink newer gibsons will rise in value,

They will,at least in 15 or 20 years we are talking about a true vintage Gibson.Look at all the people buying every crap if only the name is right instead of high quality no name products.For the same reason you see Fender and Gibsons on every stage and in every shop.But good for us :lol:

It does seem like cherrybursts go for less money than violin finish or lemon burst. It's a nice looking 150 but I too would have a hard time living with that much red.

Somebody must like the red bursts after a long time in the market.One of those guys will get her for a good price.If the weight doesn't keep em away...

No buyers for this one

http://cgi.ebay.de/Tokai-Love-Rock-LS-150-Bj-1981-gut-erhalten-Koffer-/320610745566?pt=Gitarren&hash=item4aa5e3bcde

Seems to me that people have problems even with reasonable BIN prices but if you sell your guitar and start with 1 euro or dollar there's a kind of competition between the bidders and the selling price goes often higher.

t.olsen said:
No buyers for this one

Seems to me that people have problems even with reasonable BIN prices but if you sell your guitar and start with 1 euro or dollar there's a kind of competition between the bidders and the selling price goes often higher.

+1 on the bidding competition. Here's a low end Greco EG59 that sold for much higher than I thought. Crappy pictures, rambling description, and a poor response to a reasonable question about the guitar's weight. In this case I think at least one of the bidders was an eBay "newbie" and perhaps drove the price up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Greco-Les-Paul-Mint-Collection-Long-Neck-Tenon-/320609192409?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa5cc09d9

Yes,you often see guitars climbing in value at the end of the auction while the same guitar is for BIN sale much cheaper at the same time

t.olsen said:
Yes,you often see guitars climbing in value at the end of the auction while the same guitar is for BIN sale much cheaper at the same time

As queasy as it makes me to put a guitar up for sale without a BIN or fat reserve, I do believe that the odds for a higher sale amount is there. I'm going to put a few up on eBay soon.

marcusnieman said:
t.olsen said:

As queasy as it makes me to put a guitar up for sale without a BIN or fat reserve, I do believe that the odds for a higher sale amount is there. I'm going to put a few up on eBay soon.

Don't do it please...all my money has gone,my wife will kill me and I don't want new gas attacks... :wink:

t.olsen said:
marcusnieman said:
t.olsen said:

Don't do it please...all my money has gone,my wife will kill me and I don't want new gas attacks... :wink:

My wife will kill me if I dont...... :wink:

marcusnieman said:
t.olsen said:

Please clarify for me. Are you saying you think the odds are better for a higher sale price without a BIN or fat reserve?

Freebird said:
Please clarify for me. Are you saying you think the odds are better for a higher sale price without a BIN or fat reserve?

Yup... it's risky but when bidding starts to fire up, people start to compete with others and it instills the "want' factor of that guitar even more.

I find that buy it now's and hefty reserves (depending upon the guitar of course) tend to hold people off from jumping in until the end.... if they do at all. No reserve auctions running for a week have alot more activity.... again, depending upon the guitar.

This market is way down and we have two choices.... hold out until it improves before selling (but who knows when that is) or sell now - possibly for less that you'd really want... BUT you can also buy at lower prices if you choose to do so.

Marcus,

Your theory is really starting to make me wonder. Here's a mid-range EG-700 Greco with some pretty intense bid activity. The listing doesn't include information that I view as essential. We don't know the guitar's tenon joint type, whether it has a heel cap, its weight, or pickup type. For crying out loud, it's only a Super Sound. Blows my mind. Maybe the trick is to leave out information to better sell a guitar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1979-Greco-Goldtop-Super-Sound-Les-Paul-gold-top_W0QQitemZ230550945519QQcategoryZ33034QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D15%26pmod%3D160507042861%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4979315969837420759

Freebird said:
Marcus,

Your theory is really starting to make me wonder. Here's a mid-range EG-700 Greco with some pretty intense bid activity. The listing doesn't include information that I view as essential. We don't know the guitar's tenon joint type, whether it has a heel cap, its weight, or pickup type. For crying out loud, it's only a Super Sound. Blows my mind. Maybe the trick is to leave out information to better sell a guitar.

You can oversell a product..... :wink:

The weight is astounding.
Wish I had the money for this one, Gibson logo or not.

Phantom

Latest posts

Back