Tokai Les Paul Custom Sunburst 1985?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewTokaiForumist

Reaction score
Hi,

I've owned this Tokai Les Paul and it's case over 20years. I think I bought it 1989, though I cant remember it precisely:).

LP was little used and I also bought used Laney Pro-Tube 30w combo.
I never played in a real band nor never learned to play well;).

Years were passing by and I almost forgot that I owned these things..
When I bought a new house I found a broken Jackson guitar from the house, and it somehow got me interest, if I could sell this LP and " finally change my equipment" after over 20 years.

I tried to decide should I sell this Tokai and therefore I got interest how much I could get from it. Don't blame me but only then I actually got interest of the history of this model.
What is this ?
I mean I did not find this kind of combination at quick look from web, since it is like:
- LP Custom neck
- Sunburst

Sno is 5031812, so it must be 1985 model.

Let's see if I can attach a picture for it later..

So Im somehow interest of selling this and also the Laney AOR, but I guess the tubes are 20 yrs old, so it starts to fade when it gets warm, and I switch it OFF to not brake anything.

Curious to receive any comments :) ?

I'm not sure if i'm reading you correctly, when you say "change your equipment" do you mean something other than music gear ?? if you mean to sell your guitar for another might I ask why ??? If it is in good shape then it's pretty much a 25 + year old guitar. I would take it down to a music shop and test drive it again with an amp that works, you might be surprised as to how good it sounds now that the wood has aged this amount of time. However your guitar might be in need of a setup or at the least a new pair of strings.

Send in some pictures of your axe and i'm sure the other members can narrow down a model for you, as to your amp, i'm certainly not qualified to give you any advice.

Good luck

brokentoes said:
I'm not sure if i'm reading you correctly, when you say "change your equipment" do you mean something other than music gear ?? if you mean to sell your guitar for another might I ask why ??? If it is in good shape then it's pretty much a 25 + year old guitar. I would take it down to a music shop and test drive it again with an amp that works, you might be surprised as to how good it sounds now that the wood has aged this amount of time. However your guitar might be in need of a setup or at the least a new pair of strings.

Send in some pictures of your axe and i'm sure the other members can narrow down a model for you, as to your amp, i'm certainly not qualified to give you any advice.

Good luck

+1 !

Latest posts

Back