• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai Japan ES 120/145 and LS-160s for sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skhalifa

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm based on London and have 2 Tokai's that I'm now having to sell as we're running out of storage space. My 1yr old takes up more and more room as the weeks pass (for his toys/clothes books that is - he's not some freakishly giant baby ;-)).

2005 (I think) UES-120 which I've had confirmed by tokai-guitars is now the ES-145 based on spec (nitro finish). I'm looking to get for ?1k for this. Its nicely flamed tobacco sunburst and comes with a hardcase. Workmanship on this really opened my eyes to how good Tokai's really can be. I'm just not a 335 player. Wouldnt hesitate keeping this if I was. Will probably regret letting it go when I'm older.

A 2009 LS 160s - Goldtop with p90s. Looking for ?1k for this. Real dark fretboard and medium-thick neck. The resonance is from another planet - it rings out for days. There?s a great springiness through a clean tube amp for chords/double stops too. It sounds really sweet but I would prefer the 1 guitar I end up with to have traditional humbuckers (I think...)

I'll post pics over the next few days.

Both are bought from guitar stores and in top condition - the ES has a small bit (1cm) of wear at the base of the headstock where it was on a hanger in the store but thats it.

So basically I'm moving these 2 on to a new home with a view to getting an LS 250 or something similar. Traditional Humbuckers on a guitar that has the resonance and feel that the 160s does (would be willing to trade for the right one).

Pls PM me if you are interested in either of these.

Cheers,

Back