Tokai Explorer found Downunder

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watto

Reaction score
I was surfing the local shop sites here in Sydney Australia,I came across a tokai explorer at www.musiciansmarket.com.au I haven't seen this one but if anyones interested I can go check it out for you.This is where I got my early goldstar sound from.It's a great shop with very reasonable prices

Watto

Sorry, but I only just now spotted this post here.

This is my guitar on consignment in this shop (the only music shop in Sydney that I really trust!). It's a Tokai Explorer in color=orange]original Korina finish from the early 80's. Changes are Schaller machine heads, Seymour Duncan '59 pickups, and it looks like at some point the instrument has been refretted with original-style frets. (All changes were made before I owned the guitar.) It comes with it's original hardcase.

This is one great-sounding and playing rock guitar.

If anyone's interested, they can contact me direct on [email protected], or +61282933630

Btw Watto, which Goldstar Sound did you get - it may have been one of mine as well (I have quite a few.........) ?

Cheers

Geoff

Hey Geoff

I got my Tokai about a year ago as far as I can remember.It's black with Rosewood fretboard and had a black pickgaurd and 2 SD hotrails and a SD trembucker.
It's now got a tortoiseshell pickguard with 2 kinmans and a pearly gates plus.

It has major belt buckle wear and a few dings but that all adds character.It now plays blues and boogie on the Central Coast through a 4 x 10 Bassman.

If you have any others for sale (like a sunburst Springysound)let me know

Watto

Back