• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai EX55 for sale, UK only

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derby Ant

Reaction score
Well I?ve decided that the explorer must go.

So up for grabs is an ?07 MIK Tokai EX55 Explorer in gold.
As far as I can tell there are no dings or scratches that I can see.
It is fitted with a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 pickup in the bridge and a Tokai MKII PAF in the neck (upgraded from the original MK IV?).
There is a push/pull pot fitted to the tone control that splits the bridge pickup (original pot can be included).
The gold pickup covers have been removed (in fact the Tokai covers do not match up with the SD pole pieces) but can be included but they have been wrenched off.
It has also been fitted with Schaller gold strap locks (again original buttons can be included).
Also includes a genuine Tokai Explorer gig bag (one of the best gig bags I?ve ever owned) and a leather strap.
It?s in Derby, mainland UK and is pick up only.

Now I?m going to ask for ?250 as it?s a reluctant sale.

I?ll post some better pics when I get home from work.

P1011127.jpg

They are about ?280 new (I paid ?300, I think)
a custom 5 is about ?50
Gold Schaller strap locks are about ?12
another ?20 for a strap
Another te?15 for the gig
So to get all this new is over ?370.

But ?250 is my ideal, but I'm up for offers, especially if it's some one who's going to play the thing and is really keen.

It is a great guitar, I've just not clicked with it.
Feel free to message if you fancy coming over and having a play.

Oh, what kinda of music do you play, that could make difference as to if the custom 5 is the pup for you.
I can easily swap it out (thus reducing the price) and put a Tokai pup back in.

well the sound engineer at the metros gig said we sounded like "oasis but metal" that made me laugh, I would say we are sort of seventies rock meets british indie.

how much with the standard pick up. and just the guitar and case.

Stereohigh said:
well the sound engineer at the metros gig said we sounded like "oasis but metal" that made me laugh, I would say we are sort of seventies rock meets british indie.

how much with the standard pick up. and just the guitar and case.

I?d say the Custom five would quite a good pup for Oasis but metal :)

Would ?200 be more in your budget?

Yes it would, I was lucky on my other buy, I got an imaculate ls-65 for only ?260 plus shipping. It has set me off on wanting more Tokai's.
is the ?200 with the pup ?

I just got ?150 from a sale, so that why i offered that amount, I can collect whenevers ok for you, I can only stretch to ?180 max right now though, moneys a bit tight. As I am only in Leicester let me know a time and I can come and pay you and try it out. would be good to meet another tokai forum member

Ok, ?180 sounds ok.
The only time I can say I will be in this weekend will be after nine tonight or before 11 tomorrow morning.
After that it'll be Monday.
I sent you a message with my telephone number so just text me as and when and I'll send you more details.

Latest posts

Back