Tokai ES 125 - any infos / specs; P90 Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter S.

Reaction score
Hi,

1. Does anyone know the differences between the Tokai ES 120 and the ES 125 guitars here:

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/sub2.htm

2. Which Gold Top Love Rock models are available with P90s - only the LS80S - GT?

Best wishes
Peter

Well the ES125 has the "block" fingerboard inlays, as used on the sixties 335s.
I believe that this would also indicate a "slim taper" neck profile if it were a Gibson original.
However, I'm not too sure if Tokai have ever copied of the slim neck profile, either on the 335 or LP copies.

Personally I love chunkier necks and feel that 335 style guitars particularly benefit from a thicker, and presumably stiffer, neck.
I also love the look of the "block" 335s (Larry Carlton's springs to mind).
As I'm currently gassing for a Tokai 335, if the ES125 has the same, thicker profile as on the ES120 it would be the perfect guitar for me!

I'd love to hear if anybody has played/seen an ES125.

Cheers
Brendan

havent seen or played a 125, but I have a 120 in sunburst with the normal dot inlays. Absolutely unreal guitar, I love it. Way more mojo than the American Deluxe Strat I picked up a while ago. I know their completely different, but I always go to pick up the es-120 first. I love the neck profile, its so comfortable. Dont delay dude - if your thinking about one, go ahead and pull the trigger. I wish I had bought mine years ago instead of wasting time with lesser guitars! :D

Hi,

according to Apollon Music, the ES125 is discontinued. According to them, the only difference between the ES125 and the ES120 was the type of inlays used (but I didn't specifically ask them for differences in neck profile).

Best wishes
Peter

Latest posts

Back