Tokai certificate of authenticity

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tangosaki

Reaction score
Hi, New here my first posting :sneaky: my question is I recently bought a Tokai ls160 2013 only just found out it should have come with a certificate of authenticity obviously it did not :rolleyes: so is it possible to obtain a replacment fromTokai I have managed to send a email to the canadian Tokai site, I have tried the japanese website but can not get to it must be blocked or something.
thanks.

I seriously doubt you would be able to get something like that 10 years after it left the factory. Additionally, the ownership has changed in the past year or so.

For reference the 2012 catalog

cat_2012tokai_65th_007.jpg
VintAxe scan

Last edited:
Yea was not sure how it worked thought I would ask anyway as I'm unsure but thanks anyway 😬👍

I was under the impression that the COAs are issued by the distributors only (Tokai ships only warranty cards with the instruments)?
I wondered how that worked if Shoehi Adachi was signing them.

Most have a Tokai serial number stamped exactly like a Tokai factory font. Then others have the serial numbers handwritten.

Yea seen some suspect certificates, looks like Iwon't be able to get anything :unsure:

Are you worried if the guitar is authentic?

If so, post pictures and I’m sure we can tell. Especially in the pickup cavities.

No I know its a genuine item just wondered if I could get something to back that up.

I have two Tokai's. One was bought new at RealStandard. It's a real one, but has no certificate.
I don't care. This is more of a Gibson thing in my eyes.

Not sure when the COA thing happened for Tokai.

The older ones never had them. They had a warranty card when new, but few of those survive 40 years later.

None of my Tokais have a COA. All are older than 1984.

Last edited:
I have two Tokai's. One was bought new at RealStandard. It's a real one, but has no certificate.
I don't care. This is more of a Gibson thing in my eyes.
Yea beginning to see not many have the certificate, mine plays well I have tried a friends gibson custom shop it's as good as that and some 😬👍

I can say at least in 2003 my high end LS 320 did (maybe at my request posibly , I don´t recall well), but not my 2001 LS70VF I got from Yoshi at that time. I asked them for a batch I got from the factory back in 2005 to show and let people try here in Spain with no commercial purpouses at all just to make Tokai known first hand and people woould be able to evaluate nearly all the levels (no LS200 however but one of the first LS150 made). The LS70VF came with the Tokai card with the model and that was all.

Not sure when the COA thing happened for Tokai.

The older ones never had them. They had a warranty card when new, but few of those survive 40 years later.

None of my Tokais have a COA. All are older than 1984.
Yea starting to see its a common occurrence

I can say at least in 2003 my high end LS 320 did (maybe at my request posibly , I don´t recall well), but not my 2001 LS70VF I got from Yoshi at that time. I asked them for a batch I got from the factory back in 2005 to show and let people try here in Spain with no commercial purpouses at all just to make Tokai known first hand and people woould be able to evaluate nearly all the levels (no LS200 however but one of the first LS150 made). The LS70VF came with the Tokai card with the model and that was all.
Yea I have nothing but am happy with the guitar so it is what it is lol so am good with that😬👍

yea made a few enquires but looking like I am unable to get one for mine now but thanks for the info. cheers

Back