Tokai Breezysound on ebay- is it legit?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stratman323 said:
Goestoeleven said:
I tried a couple of Jimmie Vaughan Strats a couple of years ago, & I really wanted to like them, but they just didn't grab me, no idea why.

For me, it's the V neck on them - plus, it's the only Fender signature guitar affordable enough to own.

I already had an ESP 400 Series maple neck Strat with a pronounced V neck, & this neck became the basis for my blonde Jimmie Vaughan relic Strat. Ironically, it ended up looking more like Johnny Moeller's Strat than Jimmie's!

I'd pit this one against any Jimmie Vaughan Strat you care to pick.

On the question of affordability, at the same time I tried the Jimmie model, I also tried the Robert Cray Strat. I seem to recall that these were around the same price, but seemed much better to me. If I had to have a signature series Strat, I'd get a Cray model.

stratman323 said:
How about this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260297970587&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

thanks- i saw that one, but it's pick-up only (i'm in northern ireland). Not a major fan of the colour either, but being pick-up only is the killer...

Thanks though, i appreciate that you're keeping an eye out for me... :)

going back to the original one, it's at ?281, and the reserve has been met... what do you guys think? A bit expensive, hold out for an 80s one? that's what my head's saying, but unfortunately my heart's saying, "but if you miss this one it might be another year till one you want comes up!"... :lol:

I paid ?278 + ?20 postage for my grey one. When I sold it, I got ?235.

On the other hand, my Sunburst 1980 Breezy TE70 only cost me ?400, & it's a much nicer guitar. If you wait long enough, a Breezy that you want will come along. Personally I wouldn't pay ?281 for the bue one, but it's your decision.

It will fetch more than ?281, i bet there will be a bidding war because of the colour and double edge white binding.So Dave_Mc be careful dont get carried away.WAIT for a 80s one Just a small tip,put a wanted add on the forum :wink:

I think you're right about the bidding war, rossi, the fact it's finally hit the reserve might stimulate the bidding. then again, sometimes when things go too high too early, it puts off bidders, so you never know (but even at the current price it's at the upper limit of what I'd ideally like to pay, if not already quite a bit higher :lol: ). I'll probably not bother going for it, to be honest, but don't worry, I'll not get carried away, I'm a pretty disciplined e-bayer, I've missed stuff before because it went over what I was willing to pay. I guess it'd be a bit daft to pay ?300 for this one when i wasn't willing to go over (i think) ?225 for the last one like this (though granted it had a bit of a dent in the side, but other than that seemed in great condition too)... :lol:

that's sage advice about the prices, too, stratman, just because you get it for a certain price doesn't mean that when you're ready to sell it on you'll get the same amount back... other thing is, with the credit crunch and all, prices may start to drop (but that could work both ways as people may hold onto stuff if they don't think they'd get a decent price)...

as i said, I'll probably pass on this one. Thanks for all your help, guys. :)

Dave_Mc

I've got one of the last ATE-55 double bound edged Breezysounds. they aren't available anymore. It's in near perfect condition.

Breezysound.jpg

Basically it's the same as a MIJ Fender Tele, made in the same factory, only the heastock, logo and pickups are different. Pickup changes are relatively easy and bring a massive improvement in these breezysounds.

I don't play that breezysound as much as I should and considering putting it up for auction on ebay.

If your interested give me a pm

Chris

^ thanks very much for the offer, Chris, it's appreciated- the problem is, I'm so picky about colours... I love sunburst in strats, but I don't really like them in teles. :lol: Best of luck with the sale, though. :)

Rossi said:
It will fetch more than ?281, i bet there will be a bidding war because of the colour and double edge white binding.

:( So why wasn't there a bidding war for my metallic grey one with white binding? It looked really nice..... :cry:

:lol:

regarding your grey one, i'm guessing you were just unlucky, every so often something just goes "cheap". As i said, about 6 months ago (roughly), one the exact same colour (and model, i think) as the one that's at ?281 went for about ?225...

Its back on E-Bay :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-Breezysound-Telecaster_W0QQitemZ360098894186QQihZ023QQcategoryZ112670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"This guitar is being readvertised due to change of mind by buyer"

Since when were buyers allowed to just change their mind after winning the bidding?

:eek:

Well that depends on WHO the buyer is,if its yourself you havent got a problem ( if you know what i mean) im NOT saying that this seller was,just my answer to stratman323 question :wink:

Rossi said:
Well that depends on WHO the buyer is,if its yourself you havent got a problem ( if you know what i mean) im NOT saying that this seller was,just my answer to stratman323 question :wink:

:lol:

interesting that it's back up. though it seems to be the same price (and, i assume, the same reserve, which was ?281 I think). Bit high to be honest, I think, i chickened out the last time, it's likely i'll do the same again... :lol: what's not helping is that I've seen the same model go for ?50 less...

Stick to your price, use the ask him a question ,giving him the price you want to pay,then its up to him,then you can move on :wink:

Dave_Mc said:
what's not helping is that I've seen the same model go for ?50 less...

Exactly. Even though it's a gorgeous colour, these models are not rare, & another one will come along soon if you're patient.

Remember that my 1980 TE70 was on eBay for ?400 BIN - but not for long! And it's a much nicer Tele than the grey one I sold. You can get 80s Breezys for around ?300 sometimes, if you're flexible on the colour.

yeah, sometimes you just get lucky. I'm semi-flexible on the colour, i guess, there are a couple of colours which i like teles in, but I wouldn't be willing to take just anything (e.g. those paisley ones, which i'm not keen on).

Will see how things go. :)

Latest posts

Back