There is NOBODY on THIS FORUM!!! LOL

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one yamaha 12 string acoustic that is amazing. I bought about 10 and out of them found one amazing one and 3 others that are just ok. But even the amazing one is hard to play. Its on my new cd Shine On on the song Nothing new.

And yes the shipping is extremely prohibitive and I won't be buying anymore. I'm done.. I have 2 great standards and one great custom and that's all I need. I also have a Gneco P bass that has a jazz neck on it and a Jazz. The Jazz is in dire need of a paint job and other work but the P bass is extraordinary. And I think the Jazz is going to be even better. :>)

Mitch Malloy said:
Also no I have not tried the Headway acoustics. I almost did but chickened out. Whats the neck profile like?

The neck on mine is quite thick which I assume is like an older Martin style but I have no experience with Martins. As far as I can see there is no truss rod and it has a thick ebony board.

Mitch Malloy said:
Is it also wide though? The electric necks are narrower then a Gibson.

From what I can see in the most recent Deviser Catalogue that I have the majority of the acoustics have nut widths of 44, 44.5 and 45 millimetres.

There are some that are 43mm but they are in the minority, but yeah, you'll still need to check if the seller doesn't mention it.

There's also the Headway Universe Series of acoustics that have model numbers like HCD-45S and HCF-50S. These are the lower price range and are not MIJ.

They offered me a deal on one when I fist started working with them it was a smaller body type and looked nice. It was still expensive though and I wasn't into taking a chance on an acoustic. What I want right now is something more Gibson sorta floppy loose and warm sounding.

Burny Accoustics are really nice, the late 70's ones had a certain Mr Momose in charge. I had a BJ50 J45 copy which was very nice, and I once played a Burny Hummingbird owend by Villager that was simply wonderful.

They do crop um on YJ quite a bit for not too silly money!

Back