The Goldstar ST 80 has landed!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greco_burst said:
Congratulations Gabe, a rare one and u got it!!! 8) and with someone who really loves the Gold Star too, I would suggest it won't be sold for a while now :eek: :lol:
Thanks mate.Yes you are absolutely right,this guitar is going nowhere without me! Gabe. :lol:

doudoubass said:
i forgot to say that mine has the final prospect bridge and deluxe stamped tuners. the sunburst on yours seems to be yellower than on mine.
how is the neck shape of your goldie?
Mine has Tokai tuners which are definately not replacements so they must have had a set on a shelf somewhere.The bridge is final pro spec,the neck is pehaps slightly thicker than most goldies ,but it`s still a D or perhaps a C shape.The colour is 3 colour sunburst and looks very similar to the 84 catalogue shade. Gabe.

Dave_Mc said:
bluejeannot said:
Dave_Mc said:
sweet! That's an excellent price, too. :D
Haven`t you got an st 80 too ,Dave? Gabe.

yeah, i think so. :lol: 2-piece body, (i think) nitro finish, v-neck, steel block on the trem... but i think the pickups were meant to be wrong for the st80? Still, i mean if it's right down to the pickups,...
Great stuff Dave.What kind of pickups does it have?Could you post a photo of your guitar?Cheers Gabe.

i've never actually taken it apart to look :oops: I think john said they had the Es (they're the low output ones, right?), rather than the proper Us... regardless of the correct letters (which I may have back to front), they are extremely low output.

I'll see if I can take some pics... I'm pretty rubbish at getting round to stuff like that. Maybe John still has some pics from when he had the guitar? If I remember correctly, his pics were really good (if he still has them), they were better than anything I'd manage (plus would have the added bonus that I wouldn't have to bother to take any :lol: )

They were U's which threw me a bit, but a V neck??

DSCF0455-1.jpg

DSCF0465-1.jpg

DSCF0462-1.jpg

DSCF0461-1.jpg

http://imageevent.com/waggi/takaist60mintred?p=15&n=1&m=18&c=5&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=3 Here`s a good example of an st 60 V neck,Gabe.

Thanks for the pics, john, they'll save me a lot of bother. i figured I'd probably got the letter designation wrong on the pickups :lol:

When you said "V-neck?", did you mean you weren't sure if mine had a V-neck, or did you mean you thought only st-80s had a v-neck? It feels like a v to me... :)

what about the finish? I mean, I wouldn't want to put money on it, but it feels and looks more like nitro than poly to me, though tokai's poly finishes are pretty thin too, and i'm not exactly an expert in guitar finishes... :-? i thought they only had nitro on the 80s and up...

Back