• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tech21 Trademark 10 amp

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously P.' - it's that good. The best sounding valve crunch i ever heard from a tranny amp. And that speaker sounded fine. Gonna try that setting with the SG Jnr and thru the 1x12 cab soon.

Right.: Just with that one setting the distortion tone is really great - fantastic crunch and singing lead - how the hell they got this amp to make this sound is totally beyond me - and I've owned and played a LOT of great valve amps over the years. The 'decay' of the chord/note is really authentic too. If the 30watt can do this too I'm in for one!!

It seems necessary to back off the guitar volume to around 8. On 10 it's a little OTT. This is fine but unfortunately when you need clean and wind back the guitar volume it does not clean-up too well. I need to experiment a little to see if backing off the tone will do this instead, as the guitar is '50's wired and this happens with my plexi.

Otherwise I wonder if the answer would be to find another light solid-state amp and set it up for clean with an A/B cable? I'd like to gig( obviously miked -up or XLR'd or whatever) with that distortion tone and the amp's as light as a feather and that's what I'm looking for as my back won't stand lugging valve-amp's around for much longer.....

Also Phantom, as you can imagine I'm enjoying this new '3rd person thing' immensely. But my wife and her family not so much since I want them to refer to me as "The Spike" these day's. It hasn't gone down too well....

(Sigh) - There's alway's something!!......

I'll think on that one, Pete......I have a mate who has one and i could try his first.

If you guys were gonna run an overdrive pedal and maybe a wah through it would you shove them in front 'tween guitar and amp or thru the effects loop?

I found the overdrive pedal just fattens the higher-register lead tone a tad and i wodered if its better for or aft?

spikeymikey said:
I'll think on that one, Pete......I have a mate who has one and i could try his first.

If you guys were gonna run an overdrive pedal and maybe a wah through it would you shove them in front 'tween guitar and amp or thru the effects loop?

I found the overdrive pedal just fattens the higher-register lead tone a tad and i wodered if its better for or aft?

In front of the amp without a doubt, and the TA-35 is a great sounding little amp, I've even gigged one they are loud enough unless you play in a really loud band.

I usually put distortion and wah in front, modulations and delays in the loop.

Drive wise I absolutely love the Rothwell pedals - total class and made (with great care) in the UK. Which one do you use?

Back