• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tech21 Trademark 10 amp

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Spike appreciates and thanks the Phantom profusely for his diligent assistance in this matter but the TM60 again defeats the object of portability as the Spike has a bad back. The TM60 weighs in at 36lbs.

Could one re-cut the baffle in a TM10 and shove in a 10" Alnico blue?

Or does doing away with the special Tech21 speaker reduce the amps tonal versatiliy, as you don't have the "UK", "US" and "Flat" options anymore?

I never knew about this black/blue speaker difference thang......(sigh) - there's alway's something!!

I can't tell you how it excites me when people converse back with me in the 3rd person, as I do. I'm Ecstatic Mikey lol. Ok you so you want the TM 10.
So we need to find you one with the black speaker. The speakers are definitely designed for the amp. I have tried it on other amps and didn't like it, so its definitely made for the Tech 21 amps specifically. 36 lbs I thought is not that bad. I lug a 59 Bassman around occasionally and then when I end up taking the Tech 21 Trademark 60 I feel like Superman.
I never, ever, ever ever thought I would play a solid state amp, but I can show you tones on this amp that the nay sayers would never believe it wasn't a tube amp.
The TM 10 is definitely portable. The dials and design are slightly different than the 60. To each his own.

let's find a TM 10 Black !

Phantom

Ok so no where to be found is the black speaker in a TM10. That leads me to believe that the one that max has could be the same version speaker that I have only its blue and in the 10 inch. Max if you could either scan a hi res pic of the back label or give me the info on it I may be able to confirm it. If this is true Mikey, you'll want to tell Max now to hold this amp for you before someone else picks it up.

Phantom

And my apologies to max, I thought the discussion was on the Tech 21 amps, I didn't see that you were selling it, so it was in no way a deferral but accept my apologies all the same. Great little amp.

Phantom

HAHA!! 3'rd person it is from now on then!! :wink:

Phantom, thanx for all your comments on this subject.

The amp is at this very moment as we converse in the third person, on it's way to the Spike' in France. I can send post hi-res pix of it when I get it. It is an eight-inch speaker, The Spike' know's that much. The Spike' has seen a review of this amp from the year 2000 and thinks it has the blue label shown in that year. Do you know when they first made them?

http://www.btinternet.com/~ladywood8/reviews/TM10TGM0101p1.jpg

No apologies needed Phantom. I dont have a decent picture of the blue backed speaker, but this is what it says on the label.
Special Design Speaker
Model #2108-A
15w - 8 ohms

Guys this could very well be the same design speaker only a smaller version. Everything about it looks the same other than the color of the label. I have sources that I can definitely confirm this. I will try to find out.

Thanks Max.

Mikey not sure when he came out with the amps but I did see a discussion with Andrew Barta about this amp as early as 1996

Phantom

That would be great, Ectoplasmic One. I'd like to know if there's any difference twixt the two. I've read a really interesting interview with La Barta.

The Spike' awaits your findings...........and his new amp!! :-?

straight from the horses mouth.

"
Hi, Phantom"

Time sure does fly! The answer is no... the 12" speaker was supplied by a "secret" manufacturer, and the 8" was a stock Eminence that we simply re-labeled. We no longer have either.

So there you go we will never know the manufacturer of the absolutely great sounding 12" and the 8 inch is Emminence.

Hopes this helps boys

Phantom

So.........is the eight inch the same speaker whether labelled black or blue? What size speaker does the Phantom have in his Trademark 10. It has to be a ten inch don't it????

Y'know, The Spike' heard that some of their speakers were inexpensively made in China and sounded very good. Could these be the 'mystery' speakers? :-? [/i]

Sorry I dont own the TM10 I own the TM 60's
they say those are the mystery speakers
the one in the TM10 is not the mystery speaker
its Emminace
what does that mean?
not sure till you plug it in
I hope that helps

Phantom

I'll let you know when I do.

I found this just now.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-180337.html

My source works at Tech 21, but he won't tell me.
It really doesn't matter what it is, they sound great. thats the main thing.
Curious to hear what yours sound like.
I want to make a Tech 21 audio file of my 60 soon, so I can let everyone hear, what I hear

Phantom

The Spike has only just tried the amp very briefly and got the most incredible!! all-out Rock tone from one setting - just a little lola-tweak-ola of the "AC/DC" setting. Beautiful singing lead tone and very authentic Marshall crunch, only quieter thank christ!. Reminds me of my '65 JTM45 thru Vox 2x12 Alnico's.

If I only ever get that sound from it I'll be chuffed!!

Back