Super Real Limited Edition?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rastafred said:
By the way I totally agree with you. those same purists are now claiming that the only good MIJ are ObGs' and Burnys'.

How is that possible? There isn't something like 'a' Burny or ObG. ObGs were made in at least 2 different plants and Burnys in at least 4 different plants..

Notice how the guy who bought it for 80K put it up here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPAN-VINTAGE-GRECO-EG59-150-Limited-Edition-50-OHSC-/250684612456?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a5df79f68#ht_19136wt_1137

That is NOT a 150 LOL :p

rastafred said:
that reminds of a post about an EGF1800 somewhere :roll:

By the way I totally agree with you. those same purists are now claiming that the only good MIJ are ObGs' and Burnys'.

Personally I've been lucky founding a nice Super Real Goldtop with 2 pieces back which sounds and plays much better than all the Burnys' I've had.

To be honest...my Burny is a better guitar than all my other guitars, including my Super Real BUT that is ultimately up to the player to decide which they like the feel and tone of more and not just the guitar itself. However my Burny is an old growth maple solid top and that wins every time vs. a veneer IMO

The T-tops are amazing pickups. They outclass Dry-Z by far.
In my opinion the T-tops are the best since the real PAFs.
Its a shame they have 3 piece tops :(

By the way, prices have dropped seriously on Japanese guitars over the past couple of months :D I have bought so much from Japan lately at idiot prices. And next month I'm going to Tokyo to pack and ship tonnes of axes :D I bought so many that my "mystery man" doesn't have time to pack and ship it all for me. Yeah...It'll be a happy autumn and winter :D

Koubayashi said:

By the way, prices have dropped seriously on Japanese guitars over the past couple of months :D I have bought so much from Japan lately at idiot prices. And next month I'm going to Tokyo to pack and ship tonnes of axes :D I bought so many that my "mystery man" doesn't have time to pack and ship it all for me. Yeah...It'll be a happy autumn and winter :D

It's a shame you won't have those in time to the bring to Veenendaal then :(

jacco said:
Koubayashi said:

It's a shame you won't have those in time to the bring to Veenendaal then :(

I have others too.
even though there has been a huge urge for japanese guitars over the last month and it reduced my selling stock quite hefty. but i have about 60kg coming in before Veenendal (+ about 50 in stock here)

Udonitron said:
Haha wow...that is insane man! Too bad the Yen has not decreased in value however!! :evil:

No problems cause we have a company in Japan and make most of our profit in Yen :D

(had an additional 40kg sent today :D ).

But they sell good when the pricing is good.
If I buy cheap I sell cheap. I dont care too much to make profit since it is just a hobby (with a heavy twist of obsession).

Back