Sound differences between LS-48 and other Les Paul guitars

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulatovic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i've been posting here before about differences between ls-48 and ls-80, but now i have realized that my budget doesn't allow me to go more than ?300 plus minus a "score" (?20)...

I'd like a Les Paul style guitar, preferably Goldtop, and i came with two guitars...
Korean Tokai LS-48 and a Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

Question: Can anyone help me decide which one to choose by telling me the differences between the sound of these two. NOTE: Do not judge by stock pickups or tuners, bridge and tailpiece or nut, as i will change all of them as soon as i get enough money. First on the list would be changing to Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II (APH-1), switch and pots, second replacing the nut with a real Ivory bone. Third the bridge with a quality aluminium one and finaly tuners if needed.

Now having said that, my question is how would these two guitars sound with that equipment. By how much are they different due to their different wood type - cheap mahogany on Epi - alder and maple on Tokai.
What is the difference in finish.

Hope you'll help me find the right guitar,

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,

Luka

Latest posts

Back