Silver Star 80 on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheshirecatsmile

Reaction score
Hi,
Just thought this might be of interest to someone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1979-Tokai-SS-80-Silver-Star-STRAT-clone-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ270179871821QQihZ017QQcategoryZ47069QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know if the bridge saddles on this are original? Also what pickups should this have? Looks pretty nice if you like these...

Chris
________
Ford Maverick Picture

Hi, with regard the bridge saddles they do not look like original to me ,
pic ups seem ok . it seems to be a nice example has a brass nut as did mine (not any more too 80s for a 70s guitar) Had an assortment of p/ups ( staggered pole)in mine but fitted a set from a 74( f****r flat pole )
But great guitars .try and find a 70s f****r in that condition for that price.

From everything I`ve read on this forum regarding Silverstars ,this model had brass saddles fitted at birth,not sure about the nut though.The p`ups I thin k should be U`s but they dont look like them,ask the seller what they are, Gabe.

I asked the seller about the saddles and pickups and this was his response:

"Yep, the brass saddles are original, like everything else save the 5-way switch, to an SS-80. I am posting more photos of the guitar as we speak; the pups have black bobbins and no markings. They are high-output deals, that were made by DiMarzio for Tokai... they are not at all like the gray bobbin pups on the Springys."

I know the "E" stamped pickups on Springy's are Dimarzio VS-1 pickups, so this might make sense. The seller has added a bunch of photos including a hi- res photo from the 1979 catalogue that confirms the brass saddles as being original. I'm not sure I see a seam in the body in any of the new photos. Cool!
________
GS500E

Latest posts

Back