Scratch plate for ES130

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJzT

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a lovely ES130 from ebay, but i need to change the scratch plate, as its got a few marks on it (i know its a scratch plate :eek:p). Can anyone suggest a decent place to buy a replacement? failing that can anybody offer any tips as to how to bring the sheen back?

Basically the plastic block on the back of the plate which is connected to the pick guard brace came unstuck. I accidentally split some super glue on the front of the pick guard and made some unsightly marks trying to remove the glue. I know its nit picking, but i really want to look after this guitar (he says)

DrJzT said:
Hi

I bought a lovely ES130 from ebay, but i need to change the scratch plate, as its got a few marks on it (i know its a scratch plate :eek:p). Can anyone suggest a decent place to buy a replacement? failing that can anybody offer any tips as to how to bring the sheen back?

Basically the plastic block on the back of the plate which is connected to the pick guard brace came unstuck. I accidentally split some super glue on the front of the pick guard and made some unsightly marks trying to remove the glue. I know its nit picking, but i really want to look after this guitar (he says)

Get 600 and 1200 (or higher) grit wet sand paper and some liquid or paste polish, the ones used for cars will do.

Sand it (with water) until the blemish is gone, don't concentrate on one spot, do circles over everything. Increase grit once it's gone and sand it until you see no scratches, dry it off to check better. Once it's smooth and matte, get a piece of cloth and start polishing.

This truss rod cover was cut from a strat pickguard, 3-ply. I sanded down one layer of white and then did what i just described, now it's shinny, just like the rest of the guitar.
012oxu.jpg

All parts sell 335 pickguards that will fit just fine...I ordered a short one for my lefty Tokai ES 120 and it fit perfectly.

Latest posts

Back