Question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant shine any light on the model ref, I will leave that up to the Tokai experts.

But that top looks to be Spalted Wood. For tonewoods, usually the only spalted wood used is Maple. So it can be a sign of a quality build, but some companys use it because it looks good but has no sonic propertys.

If that helps

More info on Spalted Wood here :

http://ohiodnr.com/forestry/industries/spaltedwood.htm

The guitar arrives next week....until then i hope that the guys from tokai answer....i don't know the serial at the back of the headstock( untill i see it with my one eyes) sounded strange that the site were i bought the guitar gave the serial in the specifications....thank you for the answers...and i hope there is no problem .... :cry: :cry:

It certainly looks MIJ, whatever it is. The bridge is right, it looks like a 2-screw TRC, and the pickup surrounds are the right shade.

Hi Wildchild!

I'll be in Bucharest in 2 weeks on a biz-trip. Even if the guitar turns out to be a fake I'd be interested in buying it (in case you want to sell it). :wink:

For me it looks MIJ as Paladin2019 said, and the spalted maple definitely makes it interesting.

What confuses me is that I never came across an LS185. Could you post some close-up pictures?

Cheers! Rupert

As i said before..the guitar was shipped by my friend yesterday, and will arrive next week.(so thats the only photo i have for now)
Thank you for the offer but the thing is this....i didn't wayt 3 months and then start looking again from zero and finnaly to find this guitar witch i love; to sell it :cry: . But i was hopeing(and still i am hopeing) that the guitar turns out a genuine Tokai....if not , insteed of shipping it back to japan and then waiting for more...we could meet
But only if it turns out that my tokai isn't a real one :cry: ...then i would consider you offer.....many thanks and either way you will hear from me; and a beer is on me ,here in Bucharest :)

I remember seeing a 185 in a japanese shop,it was a special order from the shop but it had a regular maple top....

There were some order made series,Yoshi had this order system somewhere in '03...... honduras mahogany necks made... 95 and up models when the regular was 60-65-70,check '01-'02 catalogue,they did?nt appeared there...

Back