Tokai LS 150 HDC 2005 doubt

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read that interview several times. What I heard was, we will not sell our Les Paul models in the US. These were not sold in the US as I understand it.

And as far as the prefix on LS models goes, I have yet to understand why they would use U and A together as in a UALS if a model was made for a specific market.

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 10.06.18 AM.png

Much less drop the prefix altogether as on the 2 examples from 2005 in this thread. Note that the 2010 example is a ULS.

I have found many AST models that have a Fender headstock, and TST models with an American headstock.

IMG_1078.jpeg

Anyway, I think a person could drive themselves nuts adhering to rules when it comes to Tokai when they themselves often did not. At least the rules we have made up for them. LOL

I have read that interview several times. What I heard was, we will not sell our Les Paul models in the US. These were not sold in the US as I understand it.

And as far as the prefix on LS models goes, I have yet to understand why they would use U and A together as in a UALS if a model was made for a specific market.
Maybe they used U and A together because the model was exported to both the U.K. and U.S.?

They didn't drop a prefix for the 2005 LS-150 because it was only sold in Japan. I haven't seen any evidence that model was exported by Tokai. That certificate in English was likely not issued by Tokai. Assuming it's authentic, potentially from a Tokai dealer outside of Japan who sold the LS-150 as a used guitar.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying your guitar was sold in Japan?

Do you know where the others in 2005 were sold?

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying your guitar was sold in Japan?

Do you know where the others in 2005 were sold?
One of the Japanese Tokai dealers who sold LS-150s back in 2005 is called Real Standard:

http://www.real-standard.com/index.html
If you translate the warranty card that came with my LS-150 then it would identify another one.

Last edited:
OK. So these were at least 2 completely different orders, 5 years apart, going to different countries. Only thing in common was the 150,000 yen price.

I will edit the previous post so it doesn't confuse future readers.

Thanks!

OK. So these were at least 2 completely different orders, 5 years apart, going to different countries. Only thing in common was the 150,000 yen price.

I will edit the previous post so it doesn't confuse future readers.

Thanks!
Yes, but I don't think the 2005 LS-150s were a store order. They were just an off-catalog model made by Tokai because they were unexpectedly supplied with 3A and 4A flamed maple in 2005 so they decided to make a model that was between the LS-120 and LS-200 in their product line and distributed them to Japanese Tokai dealers.

They probably used up the 3A and 4A flamed maple for the LS-150s in 2005 and then continued making LS-150s in subsequent years as plain tops.

Last edited:
And here is an example of what I was talking about with the prefixes.

Look at the Chinese built guitars in the 2007 catalog.

Open book. Called ALS/ALC.

Screen Shot 2023-12-17 at 3.17.04 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 2.14.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 2.14.18 PM.png
    740.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 2.14.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 2.14.23 PM.png
    750.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back