Please help me identify a Tokai guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dzzz

Reaction score
Hi!

I was going through the web and found this Tokai guitar:

3008493696_zps51c606b7.jpg

3008493696_4_zpsb50f98e9.jpg

3008493696_3_zps7c1fff84.jpg

3008493696_2_zpsbf7dcded.jpg

3008493696_1_zps4fa97c3d.jpg

Unfortunately the owner doesn't know anything about it and can't tell me it's age, is it Japanese or what wood is it made of. Could you please help me with this? I know the neck is bolt-on and it has no binding, so it may not be anything great, but the price is very attractive, so I'm considering it pretty hard. How much will it be worth to pay and is it worth an effort? Thanks Beforehand very much!

Run away, run away. Fast.

To me, that is utterly worthless. I doubt its even made in Japan. Sorry, but that's my opinion. As an internet buy, sight unseen, it's less than worthless.

If you have any means whatsoever to be able to afford a used Japanese Tokai, don't waste your time with tat like this thing.

However, if you can play it (unlikely as it isn't set up) and you like it then it would be worth something. You know it will cost you $100 to have a new nut put on and a set up done?

thanks for your replies. I guess I won't bother it and look for something more genuine;)

thanks again!

Back