pickup covers

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard W.

Reaction score
Tokai newbie here.
I would like to find pickup covers for the original Tokai humbuckers on my (new) 1980 Reborn Old.
Any ideas?

You'll have to measure the pole spacing; center of high E screw to center of low E screw to get the right fit. They're probably 49mm. Mojotone sells all three sizes, 49, 50 and 52mm. I have a 1980 LS80 and the 50mm did not fit mine so I think the 49mm might work. Anyway, give them a measure and see what you come up with.

I bought a couple of nickel 1 11/16" covers and they are sure close, but just a bit too wide on the pole spacing.
Sure looks cool with a cover on the neck pickup though.
I've only had the guitar about a week now and continue to be WAY surprised at how good these stock pickups do sound.
And I am a Mr Change The Pickups Immediately kind of guy.

I have a 1980 Love Rock and recently tried 50 mm and 53mm covers on the stock pick ups and neither fitted...

S-O-O-O I guess I'll have to try the 48mm -please let us know if anyone has had sucess -

I guess I won't have to try the 11/16s (or is that the 48mm expressed in imperial ?)

Thanks again :lol:

Oops :roll:
I MEANT 1 15/16" covers do not fit. Don't know where I came up with 1 11/16".
Anyway, the spacing on the 1 15/16" is slightly too wide.
I ordered a 42.8mm set from Mojotone but sadly they are on backorder.
When I do get them and if they do fit, I will certainly make that known here.

No luck with the covers in the US.
Tokai in the UK said they would sell some that would work.
Have not persued that.
Am taking a new course anyway.
I THINK I am going to put Lollar Imperials into the Reborn Old. :roll:

Back