OK..I'm not sure what the hell just happened...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundcreation

Reaction score
but I think I may have just won a navigator SG for like 9500 yen!

check it out

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b99674128

Too good to be true???

That's my winning bid and it was a buy it now price....It sounds like it has issues but 9500 yen?? :eek:

Did the guy mean to put 95000 yen? What can happen if he did?

Sorry bro, you won the pickup from that SG - I saw it early this morning as well. :oops:

Obviously he meant 95000 yen.......depending on how you are paying, you'll probably be billed the correct amount.

I wouldn't expect to get that guitar for $95 bucks - certainly you didn't, did you?. Did you bid it thinking it was 9500 yen, seriously?

However if you do manage to get it at your submitted price, nice job. Let us know what happens

Oh ****...I guess I lept before looking...maybe I can beg rinkya to get me out of it...

what an idiot..LOL...

oh well...live and learn..

soundcreation said:
Oh ^&*(...I guess I lept before looking...maybe I can beg rinkya to get me out of it...

what an idiot..LOL...

oh well...live and learn..

No worries.

You can back out, though if Rinkya receives a negative feedback it will cost you $100 in fees. You might be better off just buying it and seeing if you like it. After all, $95 for a nice humbucker isn't the worst deal in the world.

FWIW, it stopped me in my tracks as well for a second. :D

RyanC said:
Sorry bro, you won the pickup from that SG - I saw it early this morning as well. :oops:

The translation on that listing is not good - I just tried it, and there seems to be a lot more mention of the guitar than just the pickup on its own. I'm guessing the seller was trying to describe the sound of the pickup so had to talk about it in the context of the guitar...

That is a bummer, but it would not be right to buy a Navigator for 9500 yen!

That is kind of sneaky.

How do you know when you are not bidding on the entire guitar and just a part of it?

Cali Girl said:
That is kind of sneaky.

How do you know when you are not bidding on the entire guitar and just a part of it?

I'm guessing it would be obvious... if you speak Japanese, but we have to make do with the translators, and they're not really up to it.

Tokai Joe did a translation on something for me, and it was very different from what the software translators give you. His was conversational and flowing, but also clear, whereas the translator produced a stilted, and at times, nonsensical version.

we have a few Japanese speakers at the forums...it might pay in future to post the link and aks for a translation.I'm happy to do it..Kobayashi and a couple of other members speak/read Nihongo.

That would would be cool and very nice of you guys to do!

But really I saw what I wanted to see. Even now looking at the translation I can see that it does seem like the pickup. It definitely is not too clear...but hind sight is twenty twenty. And I was totally going on the gamble.

Rinkya has said they'll contact the seller and see what they can do. I suppose if it costs me any more than half of what I'd have to pay to get it..I might as well just buy it. But hopefully the seller will be nice about it and I can get out of it on the cheap.

Who the hell puts the guitar up when selling pickups anyway!

JVsearch said:
Tokai Joe did a translation on something for me, and it was very different from what the software translators give you. His was conversational and flowing, but also clear, whereas the translator produced a stilted, and at times, nonsensical version.

Tokai Joe had an unusually good understanding of idiomatic English, & a very colourful way of expressing himself. He would make a fascinating translator - but he might get you into trouble sometimes! :lol:

Quiet here without him, isn't it? I didn't think I'd miss him, but I do. :(

stratman323 said:
Tokai Joe had an unusually good understanding of idiomatic English, & a very colourful way of expressing himself. He would make a fascinating translator - but he might get you into trouble sometimes! :lol:

Quiet here without him, isn't it? I didn't think I'd miss him, but I do. :(

Joe was/is a very decent, interesting fellow; who just happens to be very passionate about what he believes. I'm glad that we have room for folks of all stripes here.

Well thankfully I only had to pay the auction fee which was 1300 yen. So ended up not too bad. phew!

It says, a set of the 2 original pickups only. Taken from the Navigator guitar which is from 20 or 30 years ago.

Latest posts

Back