New to this forum and really need 2 ask a Q. So please read!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellintie

Reaction score
Hello forum. I am new to this page and I only registered 2 min ago cause I fell in love with a Tokai strat and I need some info.
Ok, here?s the deal.
I am living in Finland and here you only see Fenders Gibsons and stuff...
I walked in to a musicstore the other day and saw a Tokai stratocaster just waiting for me.
A used one with a pretty decent price tag. I tried it, and after that I cant keep my thought off it.

Since I know zip about tokai guitars I?d like some info if you guys can help.
The guitar was a wooden coloured one. No colour that is, just the wood as a natural colour.
It said, Tokai, Golden Sound, in small text Oldies but Goldies.
No info on the back of the headstock, no numbers anywhere on the neck. On the metalplate (how do you call it I dont remember)..you know, down where the neck is bolted to the body, the metalplate said 014114...or possible 1 digit more...I cant recall...but the beginning was 014..I am sure about that...
The pick plexi was a 3 level one...you know...white, black, white...
The whole guitar itself was in very good condition and when I asked the shopkeeper for its history he said that he only knows that it is from the early ninties..slash...late eighties..

So, anyone...could you tell me anything about this guitar just by reading this info?
I do not have any pics, and I am very far away from the store so I just cant walk in there an try it again...
After doing a research on this forum it is possible being a 2001 year model??

Thanx people in advance and I really really appreciate an answer..

Ps!- tuning machines and tremolo looked very very old...they did not look 4 years old...if it is a 2001 model...

E-

Welcome to the board. Check out the info on this page - http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-fender.html - there is a chart which should help you determine the date along with other information.

Ned

Back