New humbucker for tokai ls146 love rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a tokai love Rock beautiful guitar.
The neck pickup needs to be unnatural low or the strings touch when you go down the frets. Maybe just a setup.
Guitar is like new. Ton is very dark.
I. Want to leave the electronics just change the pickups anyone has experience something like that? Any ideas which humbucker would be great to use to get may be a brighter clearer Les Paul sound?

Attachments

• IMG_5252.jpeg
    IMG_5252.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5245.jpeg
    IMG_5245.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5243.jpeg
    IMG_5243.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5229.jpeg
    IMG_5229.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5256.jpeg
    IMG_5256.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5232.jpeg
    IMG_5232.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5254.jpeg
    IMG_5254.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hmmmm. Is the action really low? As in the bridge is too low?

Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 8.40.11 AM.png

Last edited:
Yeah I guess you right is such a amazing guitar the neck feel so good. I will bring it to Wilkins in van nuys he set up some of my guitars. I will just make it worse :)

Hi everybody,
So my love rock is with the luthier and he diagnosed that is seems like the neck may be to low build in the guitar. He immediately found that the neck is two straight so I hope it is with him now he try his best to adjust it but if the neck is faulty, I guess then I’m screwed. Wish me luck.

There’s a relationship between the neck relief, the bridge, the nut, and string height.

Should have a slight bow which would raise the strings.

Sounds like someone was messing with it that didn’t know what they were doing.

Tokai Japan has good QC which means it would have been fine leaving the factory, so hopefully he can get it set up properly.

Good luck.

Last edited:
The thing is that the company that sold it to me has a good review they sell stuff on reverb for years. I hope it is just the neck adjustment. Will report.

They probably didn’t set it up before they listed it is what I’m guessing.

There’s a relationship between the neck relief, the bridge, the nut, and string height.

Should have a slight bow which would raise the strings.

Sounds like someone was messing with it that didn’t know what they were doing.

Tokai Japan has good QC which means it would have been fine leaving the factory, so hopefully he can get it set up properly.

Good luck.

Thank you i hope that’s it.

Dear Michael,Thank you for your ask.

The neck mounting angle is Tokai's own standard, which is slightly different from Gibson, but we recognize that there are no problems or inconveniences.

This is because we have sold many MIJ Tokai so far, but we have never received any indications regarding the setup and have not had any troubles. (In fact, before packing, we have set up the instrument with the proper distance between the strings and the fingerboard, and confirmed that it is working properly.)

Wilkins guitars is a venerable guitar brand and I have long known their reputation for being good luthier. I trust they can set up the guitar to your liking.

Best regards,

Dear Michael,Thank you for your ask.

The neck mounting angle is Tokai's own standard, which is slightly different from Gibson, but we recognize that there are no problems or inconveniences.

This is because we have sold many MIJ Tokai so far, but we have never received any indications regarding the setup and have not had any troubles. (In fact, before packing, we have set up the instrument with the proper distance between the strings and the fingerboard, and confirmed that it is working properly.)

Wilkins guitars is a venerable guitar brand and I have long known their reputation for being good luthier. I trust they can set up the guitar to your liking.

Best regards,
I got my tokai back. Everything is fine. Neck was to straight. Now plays and feels like a dream. I just bought a 68 twin reverb it’s sounds amazing.
Very inspiring.

Back