NEW EDWARDS PURE MATERIAL SERIES LES PAUL.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOKAI JOE

Reaction score
8) hello again guys. tokai joe here just for the last breaking news.
i was told by the store on the other day that the new "edwards
pure material" series gtrs are completely proudly made in japan
all the way but it was actually NOT TRUE again and they are all
actually the same mostly chinese made party japanese prepared.
i just happened to email ESP a few days ago and just got the official
reply today.it was pretty fast and honest this time ESP customer dept
guys are. thanks to them for telling the truth this fast, this straight.

here's the translation of the official answer......

"the name of the new series is (Pure Material Series) officially.
just like the regular EDWARDS gtrs, the wood working and
painting are done at our ESP factory in CHINA and only the
final assembly and set-up are done at our factory in JAPAN.
the first lot of the new pure material series les paul are only 30.
and the next production is so far undecided. thank you very much"

so that super cool new edwards premire les paul are so far
only 30 and the limited issue. not even the limited edition yet.
but sounds like they will do them more laters as the limited
edition or the premire high end edition so let's expect the great
news in the near future. they felt/seemed really good the other
day i was at the store although they didnt let me play it yet coz
too new too rare too precious yet. cant remember how much was
the one on ebay but whoever got it, its a mighty luck. we want him
to post the great pics here soon huh. ok so now we know. this was
the japan news!

@ hey, a super lucky info here.....right now KUROSAWA YOKOHAMA
has 2 of them so if you try then you can sure have it. there are only
30 of them in the world so far and may be no more in an extreme
case. the japanese price is less than $2000 so its a great chance now.
so who will try and get them? wondering........
REMEMBER its KUROSAWA YOKOHAMA STORE.......

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/english.html

8) tokai joe.....back to the travel preparation now.....

8) this is a copy of the ESP official answer today.

【ESP】お問い合わせありがとうございます‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:22:19 PM
To:

--------------------------------------------------------------
お客様より受信いたしました問い合わせメールの依頼内容について
回答させて頂きました。
お手数ですがご確認下さいますようお願い申し上げます。

--お問い合わせ内容--------------------------------------------
EDWARDSにPURELACQUERシリーズと
いう物が出たらしいですがこれらはどこの国製ですか?
またALLLACQUERというのは本当ですか?
何個のモデルが出たのですか?通常のESP工場製ですか?それともカスタムSHOP製ですか?知らせて下さい。値段表とかはありますか?どうも。

--回答--------------------------------------------------------
正しくは「PURE MATERIAL」シリーズになります。
レギュラーのEDWARDSと同じく、木工~塗装を弊社中国工場、組み込み~セットアップまでを弊社日本工場にて行っております。
初回ロットは30本となっており、次回発売は未定です。
よろしくお願いいたします。

新規問い合わせの場合は下記URLよりお願い致します。
https://espguitars.sslserve.jp/customer/form.html

Webサイトにも製品等に関するFAQページを記載しております。
是非ご活用ください。
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/customer/faq.html

今後とも弊社製品をご愛用頂きたく、よろしくお願い申し上げます。

┏━┳━┳━┓
┃━┫━┫┃┃
┃━╋━┃┏┛(株)ESP マーケティング開発室 Webセクション
┗━┻━┻┛
PC website : http://www.espguitars.co.jp
Mobile website : http://www.espguitars.co.jp/i/
e-mail : [email protected]

8) tokai joe.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ESP-Edwards-LP-Pure-Material-Super-Flamed-all-nitro_W0QQitemZ380129375697QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item588179f5d1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

What needs to be remembered here is that ESP have their own factory in China and have done so for years, these guitars are not subbed out to any guitar maker, so their quality is good, i haven't seen too many complaints about Edwards guitars quality or playability. Denial seems to be the only issue with these guitars.

Mick

they still have "made in japan" in capitals at the top of the listing, so do a few other ebay sellers of edwards. knowing what we know now its a bit misleading.

leadguitar_323 said:
What needs to be remembered here is that ESP have their own factory in China and have done so for years, these guitars are not subbed out to any guitar maker, so their quality is good, i haven't seen too many complaints about Edwards guitars quality or playability. Denial seems to be the only issue with these guitars.

Mick

+1 The chinese can probably push the button of a CNC machine as well as any japanese. :lol:

20 century boy said:
leadguitar_323 said:

Mick

+1 The chinese can probably push the button of a CNC machine as well as any japanese. :lol:

Of all the Edwards guitars I own (currently 6 - two LP juniors, one LP special, Jimmy Page LP, Blackie relic strat, and ES335), I couldn't care less about the Chinese / Japanese issue. All I know is that right out of the box, they are flawless, impeccably finished with marvelous attention to detail. On top of that, they all sound and play fantastic.

sebtones said:
they still have "made in japan" in capitals at the top of the listing, so do a few other ebay sellers of edwards. knowing what we know now its a bit misleading.

That's understating it considerably!

Mike

If everyone knows the bulk of the machining is done in China then we can't really complain we're being mis-lead. I would rather pay 2K for a fantastic MIC Edwards than 3K for a lesser guitar built elsewhere.

JohnA said:
If everyone knows the bulk of the machining is done in China then we can't really complain we're being mis-lead.

Well if everyone did know that, you would probably be right. But not everyone does know that, & if they are sold as MADE IN JAPAN, most buyers would assume that they were made in Japan.

But they're not.

stratman323 said:
JohnA said:
If everyone knows the bulk of the machining is done in China then we can't really complain we're being mis-lead.

Well if everyone did know that, you would probably be right. But not everyone does know that, & if they are sold as MADE IN JAPAN, most buyers would assume that they were made in Japan.

But they're not.

agreed. I like my edwards, a lot (it's an excellent guitar, especially for the price I got it at before the exchange rate went to crap), but I thought/assumed/had been told it was MIJ when I bought it (I had also tried a second-hand model in a local shop which had "Made in Japan" clearly stamped into the back of the headstock). It's only later, and with an awful lot of digging, not to mention an awful lot of hemming, hawing and stonewalling from ESP, that we've finally got more or less to the bottom of the story.

The point is, it's not ESP's call to say, "oh, our chinese-made edwards guitars are as good as if they were japanese, so it's fine to say they're MIJ because some arbitrary small amount of the work is done in japan". It's up to ESP to tell the whole truth about the place and method of manufacture etc., and then let the consumer/customer decide if it's worth the asking price. If they are as good as MIJ, then they have nothing to fear.

If you look at the verbiage on the back of the head stock, it states, ?Edwards Pure Material 15mm SOLID HARD ROCK FLAME MAPLE TOP?

what is the real message of that statement?
Is it that a solid top is so much more desirable than a veneer top? ..............

the message to me is that a non solid top is non pure, and unlike what it copies, no?

Veneer tops suck ...................................

MIJvintage said:
Is it that a solid top is so much more desirable than a veneer top? ...............

Or is it simply a less than accurate translation from the original Japanese? We all know how difficult it can be to accurately translate the meaning of a Japanese phrase into other languages.

stratman323 said:
MIJvintage said:
Is it that a solid top is so much more desirable than a veneer top? ...............

Or is it simply a less than accurate translation from the original Japanese? We all know how difficult it can be to accurately translate the meaning of a Japanese phrase into other languages.

F U R refering to the verbiage on the back of the head stock, it is printed in English :lol: .............................

Y don't U have A look 4 Ur self? ......................

Back