New arrival - several large pics..

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a price list for custom shop models.
The specs. always determines the price.
But give you a rough estimation: Euro 2000-3000
See here for example a wild figured 5A grade flamed solid maple top

I don't have a price list for custom shop models.

oh, I'd like a price list of everything that there is in your shop :lol: not only custom models.

See here for example a wild figured 5A grade flamed solid maple top

Impressive top, do you stock it? However I think I'm more interested in the back wood and the fingerboard :D This prevented me of giving a bad jumping on that ebay custom. I was on the point.

ganzua wrote
Quote:
Are you kidding?

well, from time to time, it depens on the day, you know Most of the time I can't help it.

Keep on kidding :D

But seriously, I was really curious how the spalting of the thick maple top had worked out soundwise. As you all know the combination of maple and mahogany on a Les Paul type guitar is quite special since the maple gives extra brightness and attack but due to the mahogany the guitar also keeps it lows and lower midrange. The combination of maple and mahogany amplifies certain frequencies whilst others are surpressed, especially the higher mid frequencies and that is why a Les Paul sounds as it sounds. The maple does add to the brightness and I wondered how that would turn out with spalted maple... Well.. ehh I found out it turned out great; I don't know what happened but the bright bells in this guitar are amazing.
Making spalted maple is a critical process, if it is stopped too late the wood rots away completely and there is nothing you can do with it anymore... Some people say that spalted tops should not be to thick but having heard these guitars I think they are wrong :wink:

Cheers Herb

I was really curious how the spalting of the thick maple top had worked out soundwise

At the end it is still maple. I guess rot opens a little bit the grain, I'm not sure that you can expect too much tone variation.

JohnA said:
Mole Man said:
I think that these guitars are nothing short of stunning and I hope to be in a position to buy something of equal quality very soon...

Cherish and enjoy!

Best regards,
Darren/MM

I'm with you on that one Mole Man!! I have one on my shopping list :wink:

Make a bid on any guitar that I've got my eye on and I will CUT YA!!

(Not really, John)!

I wouldn't snipe you Darren :wink:

Actually I'm out of the buying market for a bit so if you spot one it's all yours!

They do look lovely though, but in all honesty, probably a bit too nice for me, if you spot one with a few dings let me know :D

Back