Navigator ??? ... or Nav / Fender mix ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudor

Reaction score
Hi

I have my hands on this because I've never seen a used / old Navigator so cheap ... but there are some doubts ... :-? :-? :-?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320142073965&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

* the price is low compared to those of other dealers ... too low IMO
* on my question which ST type it is he gave me the link to the official Nav website of the newer ST300 ... all specs had been copied from the new models' descriptions
* AFAIK Navigator didn't have the Sonic Blue body, just Lake Placid Blue
* the damage of the paint at the neck cavity can be caused by a too tight fitting of a neck which doesn't fit into the cavity actually, because both of them belonged to different guitars ... I know that well from a "Franken-Strat" I've once assembled
* my requests for close-up pics (also from the pup cavities and the neck joint cavity) had been ignored

so - my suggestion is that it could be a mix of Fender or whatelse sonic blue body and a correct Navigator neck with a correct ESP neckplate ...

I'm curious what your opinions are ... !!??? Please help me ... :wink:

Roger

Roger,

Recent Navigator bodies are very thin nitro finish, so they check very very easy and the finish also falls off ,look for this, if is somewhere thick then it?s not a Navigator NST-300. There are Navigators from early 80's too but the logo is abit different than recent ones(never tried or seen any inperson). If you?re able to try a Navigator you will love it,i?ts the fell to play and what a sound!It?s really fantastic and cut through the mix really well....

Another way to spot ask for showing pickguard to lift and will see what?s inside :wink:

tudor said:
Hi

* the damage of the paint at the neck cavity can be caused by a too tight fitting of a neck which doesn't fit into the cavity actually, because both of them belonged to different guitars ... I know that well from a "Franken-Strat" I've once assembled

Roger

I think the majority of strats/teles have that type of paint damage, it's probably caused by neck movement in the neck pocket. Most of my strats/teles have had that type of paint damage.

Mike

luis said:
Recent Navigator bodies are very thin nitro finish, so they check very very easy and the finish also falls off ,look for this, if is somewhere thick then it?s not a Navigator NST-300 ... Another way to spot ask for showing pickguard to lift and will see what?s inside :wink:

Thanks to both, Luis and Mike ... :lol: :lol:

If you look to the narrower pics the finish doesn't look like "thin lacquer" but more like "thick poly" ...
... and what's very fishy ... he's ignoring all my requests for close-ups from the cavities and the neck pocket / neck heel ...

I'm very insecure ... :roll: :roll:

Roger

OK ... that's it ...

Auction has ended by BIN ... I hope it'll not appear on this forum one day !!! :-? :-? :-?

Roger

HI,tudor

This guitar was a good guitar.
The guitar left for the far-off country :D
This guitar was a treasured guitar of the ESP employee by 100% original.

In fact, I wanted to sell it for $ 1,500.
This price that I cannot make anymore :)

Was there doubt?
Please ask me on the next time.

Thanks in advance.
HISASHI

Latest posts

Back