My Tokai has landed (pics) LS80Q?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes 'Sneakyjapn' it looks like you may be right

bruceboomstick said:
Here's the colour chart from tokai UK - I'm none the wiser. I note they do a pink one - can't say I'd be queuing up to buy that one !!! Can't see any that would support the HDC/SB issue

ABR All Black
AMBR All Metallic Blue
AMRR All Metallic Red
BB Black
BKS Black Shade
BLS Blue Shade
BS Brown Sunburst
CH Cherry
CS Cherry Sunburst
FG Fire Glow
GT Gold Top
GS Golden Sunburst
HG Hamilton Green
HDC Heritage Dark Cherry
IB Indigo Blue
IV Ivory
LPB Lake Placid Blue
MB Metallic Blue
MBS Metallic Blue Shade
MBK Metallic Black
MBL Metallic Blue
MB-H Metallic Black
MW-H Metallic White
MR Metallic Red
MRS Metallic Red Shade
MS Metallic Silver
MSS Metallic Silver Shade

MY Mellow Yellow
N Natural
OAK Oak
OBB Old Black Brown Burst
PK Pink
PW Pearl White
RS Rosewood
RW Red Shade
SB Sunburst
SBL See-Through Blue
SDB See-Through Dark Blue
SDR See-Through Dark Red
SOB Sonic Blue
SR See-Through Red
ST Shaded Top
STB See-Through Black
SW Snow White
TS Tobacco Sunburst
VF Violin Finish
VH Violet Haze
VNT Vintage Natural
VS Vintage Sunburst
WN Walnut
WR Wine Red
YS Yellow Sunburst
YW Yellow

So we have the colour.
EDD.

Yes, yours is much deeper and richer. :-? Here are some pics of my Edwards:

The top; the bottom front; and near the horn

Notice how there are some dead spots running up and down just outside the strings in between the pickups. I'm not sure what causes this -- I guess the wood just isn't quilty there (?) :roll:
I still like mine and will keep it, but yours is very impressive, indeed!

I like it w/o the pickguard. I wouldn't worry about filling in the holes, though. You might want to put it or something else back on someday. The holes are small. You could put the original screw back in and use a blue sharpie to color it in. Cheers!

The Edwards looks very sweet, I can see what you mean about the quilting going a little soft in places, but that just adds to it's character.
EDD.

edd said:
Unfortunately the pick guard was on when I got her and yes IMHO I think the full quilt would look better, so I may pull it of and fill the holes, then will post a fresh pic'.

How do you fill the holes? I wonder if you can order a LS85 with no pickguard and no holes drilled.

My LS85 is due to be shipped by the end of April, I might be on time...

[/quote]

How do you fill the holes? I wonder if you can order a LS85 with no pickguard and no holes drilled.

Hi Ganzua, I think, from what I have read here, that new Tokai's come with the scratchplate in the shipping box and not fitted to the guitar. It is then up to the owner to fit or not.

If it comes fitted and you remove it, you could fill the holes.
The way I filled the holes, was to use a scalpel, some laminate floor repair filler (or similar) and a blue ink pen (not a biro/bic) I put a small amount of filler on a card pad, then with the scalpel, a little at a time forced it in to the hole, until it was just proud of the hole. While it was still soft, I dabbed the blue ink pen on the top to add colour. you would have to find a colour that matches you finish :eek: . then I let it dry. only about 30 min's. now I take some Brasso pads (duraglit or any other metal polish on cotton wool) and GENTLY rub the proud area down. This acts as an abrasive on the rough filler, but as a 'T' cut on the surrounding finish. when you are happy with the level and the smoothness. head of to the wife's draws :oops: and get her clear nail varnish top coat. a small dab of that and a final rub with Brasso (when the nail varnish has dried) and you are done. I can't see my repair from two feet away, but you can from closer. Hope that helps.
Edd.

Thanks for the explanation Edd!

Too complicated for me but I asked Hiroaki if it's possible to have the guitar with no holes. We'll see :D

Latest posts

Back