My new Tokai LS-85

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the passenger

Reaction score
Hello!

I have her about a week and I?m amazed by the look and sound of this baby. Bought from a poland e-bay seller for 790 bucks brand new. The tone and the beautiness of this guitar is incredible! It weighs between 10 and 11 lbs (4,8kg) so it?s heavy, as I like it! The tone is deep and fat like old Les Pauls. Craftmanship is simply perfect, plus it has a bone nut! Well, here she is!

1030991296P1010109b_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

LS95F Lemon Drop...that's what it looks like to me...it's a beauty.

Billy Gibbons would love it. :)

stratman323 said:
Aaaargh, stop it! I have my Goldtop, I don't need another LP! :evil: :-?

Surely you have room for just one more! Especially if it looks like that!!!

Gas, it's a terrible thing :wink:

Please identify the seller and since your into posting pics please show us a few more shots...
I'd like to see the head stock front and back. The pups, routing, and top laminate. Thanks!

(Does Tokai do photo tops)?

Special K said:
Please identify the seller and since your into posting pics please show us a few more shots...
I'd like to see the head stock front and back. The pups, routing, and top laminate. Thanks!

Is this an order, or a request? :eek:

No, Tokai does not do photo tops.

Special K said:

Hi! :D

Allright, I go out to the garden and take a few more shots! :D The top of the guitar just comes alive in the sunshine, thats why it's so lively. It's a stock LS-85 with the standard features anyway. I bought the guitar from a poland seller on e-bay, he's selling a few more tokais at the moment, you'll find him.

Flamed Maple. Veneer over maple top. Colour is Lemon Drop.

It is an LS98F, from the Vintage Series. Full spec is on the Tokai Gakki website.

It is a good photo to show what they actually look like, close to in the flesh. Maybe a little overexposed, but close. They are nice.

Do you like it?

stratmoto said:
Flamed Maple. Veneer over maple top. Colour is Lemon Drop.

It is an LS98F, from the Vintage Series. Full spec is on the Tokai Gakki website.

It is a good photo to show what they actually look like, close to in the flesh. Maybe a little overexposed, but close. They are nice.

Do you like it?

I love this baby, and it's not about externals. I don't buy a guitar to put it on the wall, I play it all night long in the garage with my band. There are stations of the experience in wich it turns out I love a guitar or we're insensible to each other. I set it up to my tastes, I trie out different things, I personalize it. Its not a sudden flash, I come to knowing step by step. And the final deciding event is a jamming through the night with band, where it turns out. It's the final experience of the exam, it's like having sex.

I calculate this Polish seller is making about ?55 a guitar...that's insane.

I'm not sure what his plan is, or why he's selling so cheap, but I suggest he raises his prices quickly.

How much money did he lose on this auction..this is well below cost price.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-LS-95-Q-CS-Made-in-Japan-New_W0QQitemZ200451250312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item2eabd35888

Latest posts

Back