MIC Burny Super Grade

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul1970

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I purchased a Burny Super Grade off of ebay last year. It's an MIC, as the serial number on the back of the head stock starts as FG07.... and is stenciled on. So I beleive that this means it was made in 2007.

Also the body is of a 3 piece mahogany construction and I think it has a laminated maple top.

My question is: What kind of pickups would these newer MIC Burny's have? I do love the sound of this guitar. I even had it at my local music store and played it against a $3500 Gibson LP and i have to say that i liked the sound of my guitar more! My Burny has warmer smother tones and the neck pickup is just amazing... mind you I had to get this guitar professionaly set up as it was buzzing at the 3rd and 19th frets on the e treble string.

I love my Burny Super Grade..... even if it was made in China.

I only wish i could find more specs on it. If anyone out there could help me, I'd very much appreciate it :)

Thanks,

Paul Perry

ps: i'll post pics of it soon.

Burny RLG-50
NECK : Mahogany, 628mm-Scale, Set-Neck
FINGERBOARD : Rosewood, 22F., 400R
BODY : Hard Maple 15mm+Mahogany 45mm
PICKUP : FVH-2002 ? 2
CONTROL : 2Volume, 2Tone, 3Way Toggle-SW.
BRIDGE : Tune O Machic & Stop Tailpiece

Yes they are great guitars!! For the money they are fantastic guitars :D

Thanks John!

Do you know of any websites that have reviews on these pickups? I couldn't find much info on them. Based on what i did find, these pickups are low end quality?? And the higher end Burny's from Japan have the VH1.

Do you know if there's much of a difference between the FVH-2002's and the VH1's?

Thanks

Paul Perry

Back